CHAPTER 12

Chapter 12- What went wrong? 

--------------

Destiny is what we cannot change ourselves. But a simple dua can change it all. 

~Instagram~ 

--------------

Kayan

The following morning, I sent her a morning text, excluding the fact that my parents were leaving for Aus today evening due to some matters that came up. 

Also the fact that I had to leave tomorrow. My days here were over and I had work to attend to. 

Funny how time flies while you are with someone you like. 

She messaged back a good morning and was salaam. 

I smiled widely and felt Yazdan move beside me. 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" he asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes and sitting up 

"Because I feel happy?" I replied shrugging and switching the light of my phone off 

"Such cheerfullness in the morning is hazardous" he muttered and I sighed. 

My brothers hated mornings. 

Alot. 

"GET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that was ammi yelling at us. 

I need to remind her we are at my apartment in Canada and not home. We have neighbors here who will begin to complain like they did for two days. 

They complained to me saying some female in my house played hindi drama's far too loud. 

I wanted to tell them it was not Hindi but Pakistani but oh well. 

I got out of bed and entered the bathroom. 

I showered and got dressed for my last day at work here.

"Are you sure, sir?" asked the manager of Palm Hotels, Vancouver, Mr. Martin. 

"Yes. I know that when I leave, things will be a little hectic but they will get used to it. I trust you that much" I smiled at the half Korean, Half European man. 

"Thank you, sir" he smiled widely and I nodded, brushing it away 

"You deserve it" 

with that he gave me a final nod and goodbye before walking out of the conference hall. 

I stood there and stared at the busy city infront of me. 

I was used to a life like this. 

But to be honest, I always had that travel the world kinda gene. 

My mom always told me it was dangerous to be out and about on different adventures but I could care less. 

My teen years were spent like that until I was 19 and I had to take over since my grandfather (Who is the original CEO) fell ill and abba did not want to. 

My phone's ringtone snapped me out of my thoughts and I answered it without even checking the called ID 

"As salaamu-" I say but my mother cuts me off 

"Was salaam, we going shopping so get yourself to Floreve mall now" said my mother and hung up 

without a goodbye