CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28: The Dilemma. 

-------------

"Se nulla va bene, chiamate la nonna." 

If nothing is going well, call your grandmother /

i: Italian Proverb :i

------------

The next day, the squad left for their next stop, which was Rakiraki

Sahl volunteered to drive and the others began their singing competition. Who can sing the worst! 

And none the less, Safwah was winning. 

But Amyrah, well Amyrah was not even in the bus. Mentally of course. 

Her mind kept drifting to the conversation with her mother. She had tried her best to get over it but she could not. 

The thought of being married made her want to cry. She did not want the huge commitment with someone she barely knew. 

And what of Kayan? 

She did not even know what or how he would react after knowing her unfateful past. Why she ran away from Fiji or perhaps why she never wanted to stay here in the first place. 

"You alright?" he messaged her. She ignored the message and looked outside. The scene was full of life. The clouds in the sky, the bird chirping in the air, the wind rushing to her face and the green grass smiling at her. It was all there but she felt it dull. She felt something heavy deep within her. 

Kayan felt frustrated. 

No, he felt annoyed and frustrated. 

Why was Amyrah not responding to anything? 

"whats wrong?" questioned Yazdan, tapping away on his phone. 

"Shes not talking to me" 

This caught Yaz by hook. 

"What?" 

"She's not responding" 

"I saw her on the terrace last night, when we talked I figured something was wrong" he said and Kayan turned to him. 

"What? And you telling me this now?" 

"Yes, I thought it was not much of a big deal" 

"Aaaiiissshh" 

"Go talk to her" 

"I can't. The cousins are already suspecting us!" Kayan replied, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Poor you. I will do something"