CHAPTER 47

Chapter 47: The Anxious Awaiting.

-------------------------

"We know who we are,

Who will always be and we have a choice,
We can hide in the shadows
Or
We can stand in the light."

◀️ Olivia Pope: Scandal. ▶️

-----------------------

Two weeks had gone by in a blur. Time was slow at some moments when Kayan and Amyrah missed each other whilst it sped by when they were busy with work.

The scandal had managed to rank number one on many news channels and tabloids. The media management of Zaeef empire did their best to try to calm the fire but it was raging too much.

By end of August, Kayan was done trying to get things right. He had tried everything and anything but it seemed that the hacker was very intelligent for he or she left not a trace behind.

His last hope was IIA, the International Intelligence Agency. Somehow the twins knew this agency and they offered help. Their help was not free though. Kayan was curious as to how they can uncover what the greatest technological people could not configure.

It was a bright Tuesday morning, the start of September. Kayan was at his office, face timing Amyrah, who was due to return to Australia this month. They were in the middle of a heated conversation when Kayan's PA entered the office.

"Sir, I have news for you" and without awaiting Kayan's reply, he spoke. "- Mr. Arthit is here from the IIA at Conference Room 2"

With that the PA, nodded and walked out.

Kayan hung up on Amyrah and walked to the said room.

Sure enough the part Thai, part German man set on one of the chairs, looking around the place.

Arthit was one of the IAA's selected officers and he was the one working on his case. A man who's barely 35, with dark hair and dark eyes and a mixture of German and Thai genes, he sure was smart.

"Good morning Mr. Arthit" Kayan made his presence be known. The man looked up and smiled at Kayan.

Kayan shook his hand and took a seat at the head of the table.

"Here" Arthit pushed the brown envelope towards Kayan. Kayan eyed it with curiosity.

"What is it?"

"Your answers"

Kayan picked up the envelope and tore open the seal. He pulled out a bunch of A4 sized papers and a few photos.

The photos that fell to the table made Kayan clench his teeth.

"Read them. The bug is out of your system now. But I cannot guarantee any protection since the hacker managed to break all your secured walls. I also cannot guarantee that your clients and projects will make you good profit for your name is falling in the stock market. I assume that's what he wanted?"

Kayan's eyes blazed with fury. His hands clenched into a fist until his knuckles turned while. His face flushed and he gritted his teeth.

"This son of a-" he growled out. He stood up with the papers, nodded a goodbye to Arthit before marching into his office.

He picked up the landline and called his PA.

"Get me a meeting with the board. NOW"

Kayan was furious and his PA, who feared him so much, called and informed Yazdan about his brother.