CHAPTER 24

Chapter 24: Kayan and Amyrah. 

------------

"Do not imitate what is popular for acceptance; Practice what is authentic for your soul"

~Brendon Burchard~

------------

After the engagement party and late lunch, Kayan was finally able to get Amyrah alone. 

That too after so much hard work of mainly bribing his siblings to take the people away from here or guide her to the lake. 

So there they stood, a girl in peach sari and a young man in black Armani. From afar, they looked almost perfect. But Kayan knew better. 

"So.........." he said as an ice breaker, looking everywhere but her. 

He did not understand why he could not look directly at her but he understood why his heart was beating erratically in his rib cages. He was afraid it'd break the ribs. 

"So?" she questioned him, looking up to him. Amyrah was a good inch or so shorter than Kayan and perhaps thats what made them so perfect together. She peered at him from underneath her lashes and found that he was indeed very handsome. His features were sharp and well sculptured. A jawline that could slice through the fingers and open the flesh if touched. That sharp! 

"What are you looking at?" he questioned her, looking down at her. He saw Amyrah's cheek change color to a little pinkish. 

"Nothing" 

"Sure" He wanted to touch her cheeks but he knew she would slap his face if he dared touch her. 

They stood there, doing nothing except staring at the view ahead of them and occasionally at each other. Their smiles were evident and even the blind could see they were in love. Everyone could see and understand except Amyrah. 

To Amyrah, being married is something she did not want. Sure she might like Kayan but she knew it was just an infatuation and this may be another phase of life. She knew the risks involved and she was not willing to take it. She had seen many marriages go down the drain, many woman cry because of a man and the perfect example was her own family. She did not want to be cheated on nor did she want to rely on any man for happiness. She did not build a wall around her and an empire for herself so high just for nothing. This was her home, her everything and that was why she rejected Kayan in the first place. 

But Kayan is well........ Kayan. Persistent, over bearing, go getter, happy and cheerful, perhaps a bunch of many other things. He wants what he wants. 

Kayan on the other hand, he knew he was in love. He knew he was not playing with her feelings. He knew she was 'The One' for him and he knew he wanted to be right by her all the time. He did not deny his feelings, for it was no longer small and oppress-able. People were able to see it through his gestures and he knew he had to make a decision now. His dreams in slumber did not help either. It either left him in desperate dire or in peaceful bliss but it was usually the former than the latter. 

Kayan tilted his head to gaze at the beautiful lady beside him. Only to find her staring back at him. 

He could not take his eyes off hers, nor could she take her's off his. It was like the moments that need to be captured and cherished forever. A moment that perhaps halted time for both. She could not hear or feel anything around her except his presence. He could not either, save for his own heart beat, going at 200 beats per minute in comparison to hers at maybe 150 beats per minute. 

When Sahl saw his brother talking to Amyrah, he understood the other people needed to pry away from them to save the speculation tomorrow. 

So he guarded that area and pried off people around it. When he saw the moment that occurred between them, he took a snapshot of it. He smiled at their perfect photo. The duo could pose for a photo shoot so naturally! 

"AMYRAH!!!!!!!" 

That was all that was needed to break the moment between the duo. 

Amyrah diverted her gaze away from Kayan and turned to the back. 

"C-coming!" she called back before giving Kayan and small smile and hurrying away. In a lot of stumbles though. 

Kayan chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. His phone vibrated and he checked it. Sahl had air dropped something. He opened it and stared at the photo of him and Amyrah just now.   

He chuckled at the picture and turned to search for his brother. Once found, he gave him a thumbs up and then messaged to delete the picture from his phone. To which Sahl replied affirmative. 

After magrib, the all 3 families set down to have dinner. Grandmother Zaeef loved the sisters and grandfather Zaeef knew there was something wrong. 

"Guys, the trip around the island is due tomorrow, you all know that right?" asked Ehaan and everyone nodded. 

"And we are going by a charted bus!!!" squealed Kulthum and everyone chuckled. 

Kayan stole a glace at Amyrah who grinned at him. 

"Okay people, lets start planning?" 

The following morning, everyone of the siblings were gathered in the main area after 10am, breakfast that is. 

Amyrah wore a blue tees that reached her knees with washed jeans and a lighter shade hijab. She only carried her phone and wallet in her hands and nothing more. Everything else was in the hand carry. She figured since it was for a day or so, she would need less clothes. And if she needed more, she could just borrow one of the sisters. 

"Guys, lets say dua before the trip" said Yazdan and everyone nodded. The elders of the family were ever so proud of the youths! 

Yazdan said the dua before everyone boarded the mini bus. Even though the windows of the bus could be opened, it was fully air conditioned. It had a huge LED infront of the bus and instead of seats, there were couches and chaise, arranged in such a manner that it seemed more of a mobile house than a bus. 

Kayan called dibs on the large chaise where he could sleep. Yazdan, being the humanitarian volunteered to drive and the rest scattered around the bus comfortably. 

Kayan and Amyrah did not look at each other for totally different reasons. For Kayan, it was because he felt shy. While for the other, she felt she was leading Kayan and herself on to something that might not happen. After being through a foolish moment of love in the past, Amyrah knew better to not trust anyone. 

Yazdan drove out of the driveway and thus began their journey around the island. 

Maybe this would be a good one? 

--------------

Salaam people. 

Update!! 

Okay so sorry about the last one, it was the wrong chapter, not the story in the chapter but the chapter number was wrong ONLY. The rest was fine! 

You know the drill! 

R C V 

~Q U E E N~