CHAPTER 34

Chapter 34: The Nikah.

--------------
"A nikah is the conjoining of two souls"

-anon-

---------------

Amyrah walked into the rugged salaat hall of the mosque, following behind her mother and aunts quietly.

The were very few ladies around there and Amyrah felt glad for it.

Somehow the nikah felt really intimate. Sure she wanted everyone to know about her nikah but the ceremony itself felt too intimate to be shared. Call her selfish but she felt that.

"Take your seats ladies, the nikah will begin shortly!" Said an old lady with a smile.

Amyrah took her seat and the lady set down infront of her, smiling brightly.

"You must be the bride! Masha Allah" she said, placing her hand on Amyrah's who smiled back at her.

Amyrah was surpringly calm. Like really calm. No heart racing, no short breaths, nothing.

She wore a black valvet long kameez that had designs in red on the upper bodice and fell freely from the waist. It's dupatta was red and heavily decorated in black and silver, much like a princess's gown. She also had a pretty black hijab. And instead of wearing it's pants at the bottom, Amyrah being Amyrah, wore black leggings. It's not like people will see it anyway.

Amyrah felt overdressed, even though she wore such simple clothes on her nikah day.

The imam started his speech on love, life and family. On how a man and woman, husband and wife, should treat each other.

The imam then asked Amyrah if she agreed to this marriage and she, without hesitation, replied a yes.

Soon Kayan did the same and the Nikah was done.

Everyone prayed Zuhr and then came the moment when realisation his Amyrah on the face like cold water.

She is married.

Simple phrase. But it weighed more than the entire world.

When everyone congratulated her, she stood there, in her own world.

The person in her mind, Amyrah with glasses, spoke to her.

'What if it's totally different from what we knew?' She asked Amyrah and Amyrah physically sighed. 

'Or worse, he cheats?'

'What if we are not able to adjust?'

'What would happen if.. if you know....' This left the other Amyrah confused. Her inner voice was not clear as to what she was implying.

'What if what?'

'What if you know.... he tries to.... you know.. that..... engage in.... well....'

'Well?'

'Physical activities' it whispered, almost dreading it.