CHAPTER 43

Chapter 43: Wedding (2)

*
"Somewhere else, I'll see you
Our days be like a blossom
Blooming all around you
So bright"

| GOBLIN: The Shining and Lonely God |

*

When people spoke about weddings, they usually spoke of the great deals that occured at the wedding. Mostly who was wearing what, who was doing what and so on. 

But for this wedding, the most Hot Reviewed topic was Amyrah and Kayan. 

The henna night was organised well, with only the ladies allowed. Everyone got their hands colored in the beautiful designs while the little girls danced and laughed around. The youths were all at one side, getting henna done while the old ladies had their own talks. All girls wore a green simple sari while Aaiyla wore a royal blue sari. 

Amongst the youth, set Kulthum beside Amyrah and her sisters. Since no one knew her, she merely listened to what they had to say. Some were gossiping, others joking and some very silent, like her. One gossip in particular caught her attention at a distance. Amyrah Saleh got married. 

It was no new news that Amyrah was one of the most envied girl of the family. She had managed to break through alot of barriers to make herself successful. Some loved her and looked up to her while others disliked her and envied her. 

"Well, she did leave her family to pursue advertising" stated one of the girls, looking over to them. 

"She got everything. This is so not fair. I mean if it had been one of us, grandma would have already pushed us out of the house! But no, when its Amyrah, its okay!" snapped one of the girls causing Kulthum to turn to Amyrah. The duo shared a look and chuckled. 

"Its okay, they usually do that." said Aaiyla from beside Amyrah and Kulthum nodded in understanding. 

"But KAYAN ZAEEF!" That was loud. The girls turned their heads to the small group of cousins who smiled around sheepishly. When one of them caught Amyrah's eyes, she raised one of her eyebrows. 

What ya'all talking about my man? 

It was simple communication really. 

She smiled sheepishly and turned to the girls. 

"Not so loud!" she whispered but Amyrah heard it alright. 

"But Kayan Zaeef!" one of them said and the rest nodded. 

"Kayan Zaeef. She managed to marry the richest and hottest bachelor of Australia! Last year he won the best CEO, Internationally! He was featured on Vogue, for gods sake!" one of the replied.

"Ah I read that copy. Something about his empire. His family is never featured anywhere though." one of them said. 

"I heard they are 6 siblings and only one sister" 

"Huh, some lucky sister she must be" 

And gossip continued on and on until the end of henna night. Amyrah desperately wanted to tell them off but she couldn't. Her mother had specifically told her to not 'Create a scene'. Even thought Amyrah did not understand why Protecting what was her's would create a scene. But either way, she set mum. 

The night ended beautifully and Amyrah was to stay with Aaiyla to prepare her for the wedding poseesion the following day. Kayan was not okay with this for he knew he would miss his wife alot but it had to be done.