CHAPTER 44

| * | Chapter 44: Undesired Feelings.

------------
"Let me come,
As the pouring rain,
As the stormy winds,
As the first snow,
As the falling stars.

| • GOBLIN:
The Shining and Lonely God • |

------------

When dusk arrived, Amyrah woke up with a start. She did not know why she woke up that way, she just did.

Perhaps it was a bad dream, her conscious remarked.

She sighed and rubbed her head, pushing off the messy strands of tangled hair off her face.

When did she end up on the bed anyway?

"Amyrah?"

She looked up to see Kayan smiled at her.

"You look..... Like an animal zoo." He stated before chuckling while she growled at him.

"Animals are in the zoo. That's called redundancy" she stated and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Yes little miss Grammar perfectionist" he said and she rolled her eyes before trying to remove the tangles of her hair. Unsuccessfully.

"Put on some oil and comb it. It will be untangled easily" he said and she nodded, before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

Halfway into the small living room, she realised she did not know the way to the bathroom.

"Left" Kayan's voice whispered in her ear, causing chills to run down her spine. It was not the bad kind of chills, perhaps the good kind.

She slapped his head playfully before walking away.

Kayan set outside the house, his legs dangling in the waters. It was a cool afternoon, with the sun setting in the horizon and the winds lightly blowing past his face. Magrib would be soon, he had reminded himself.

"Hey"

Amyrah set down beside him on the wooden pier, smiling at him.

"Hello" he replied, offering her his cup of coffee.

She took it and drank it before returning it to him.

"What are you thinking?" She questioned him, pushing her hair band away from her face.

He tilted his head and smiled at her. The afternoon sun made her face glow bright and her dark brown hair shone bright red in the sun. She was indeed beautiful.

"Hey! What is it?" She asked him, shifting from side to side restlessly.

Kayan gave her another smile. A small one.

"Thinking about how the sun makes you look beautiful" he replied honestly and he saw faint pink tinting her cheeks.

"Cheesy" she scoffed pushing his shoulder away and he smiled yet again at her.

"Amyrah" he said and he turned to him.

"Yeah" she replied, splashing her legs into the water below them.

"I love you"

Silence.

Amyrah knew Kayan liked her. She knew he liked her alot. Perhaps more than alot. But confessing straight up to her face was another matter. And she had no idea how to reply to it. No words formed in her head, it was like she was searching for words but her mind said 'sorry your vocabulary is empty'