CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38: The Rain Dance. 

-------------
Sometimes the strongest also fall.

《 • anon • 》

-------------

He leaned onto her and smiled gently while she closed her eyes.

Amyrah felt the twisting and turning of her stomach, the race of her heart and the pounding of her blood. She also felt the anticipation for the kiss. His arms securely around her, holding her close. Her eyes fluttered close as she waited for the kiss. 

Kayan smiled down at the hijab clad beauty in his arms. Who knew she would be his? He let out a small chuckle when he saw her eyes flutter close. He leaned towards her cheek and kissed it, before bringing his lips towards her ear. 

"As much as I want to, I won't" his breath made her shiver and her arms tightened around him. 

Before the duo could comprehend what was going on between them, drops of water began slowly pouring down from the sky. Kayan laughed and looked up and so did Amyrah. 

It was raining unexpectedly. 

"Oh great" muttered Amyrah, putting her hand over her head as the rain began to get heavier. 

What happened to clear weathers?

Kayan stood there, letting the rain pour down on him, as he held the love of his life in his arms. It was a perfect moment, really. The canopy of the trees and the vines hiding them from the rest of the world. The canopy also acting as a rain filter, causing the rain to feel a little less harsher. 

As if upon instinct, Kayan pulled Amyrah towards him and stood there, simply resting his head on her shoulder. He did not let her leave as she had planned and instead, they stood there, in each others embrace, in the slightly pouring rain. 

After a few moments of standing in the embrace, Amyrah slowly pushed him back and looked up at him. Kayan's face was rosy pink and she found that very adorable. Placing both her hands on either side of his face, she smiled slowly at him. 

"Lets get in" she whispered and touched her nose with his. His hands dropped to his side and she turned to leave. She had taken barely 5 steps when his hands clasped hers. She was pulled slowly back to him, before turning to face him. 

His eyes met hers and he smiled genuinely. 

"Dance with me" he said and at that moment, Amyrah felt her heart skip a few beats. 

My wish is to dance in the rain. 

And he was making it come true. 

She nodded a yes before stepping up and putting her hand in his. 

He pulled her close, placing his left hand on her waist and his right in hers. 

"We don't have music" she said and he chuckled, pulling her close. So close that perhaps there was no space between them. And something about that close proximity made her breathless. 

"We dance to the music in our hearts" he whispered before he began moving his body. The first few moves were difficult for Amyrah to grasp as she was no dancer but slowly when she let her body lose and move with the random music in her mind, she began to actually dance with him. 

He twirled her and swept her off her feet, turning her around in a circle before letting her settle on her feet. He slowly swayed with her body, listening to her small laughter in between his dance moves.