CHAPTER 29

Chapter 29: Oh hell no! 

--------------

"제 눈에 안경이다"

/ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder / 

~ K O R E A N  P R O V E R B ~

-------------

By the time Amyrah reached the bungalow, it was almost magrib. 

So she showered quickly and prayed, pouring her heart out to Allah. She knew she was not in love with Kayan but she admitted that she liked him. If he was the right one for her, she asked Allah for help, to show her the right path so that she knows its him, she has to marry. And he is her 'The One'. 

"Amyrah, wear this dress and come downstairs okay?" Noor handed her daughter a bright blue dress with silver works, that were too shiny for Amyrah's liking. 

Amyrah sighed, rushing her hands through her hair. 

Noor saw this and sighed, taking a seat beside her. She put her hand on Amyrah's back and smiled. 

"You know Amyrah, that it is your choice in the end, right?" she asked her and Amyrah nodded. 

"Good then get ready! They are just coming for dinner and no more. Plus its not solely us, we have Aaiyla's in-laws and Qaidah's didi's family too" 

At this Amyrah turned to her mother. 

"You sure?" she asked her mother who nodded in reply. 

"Now calm down and smile! Wear this" she handed her the dress and walked outside the room. 

Amyrah sighed and looked over the dress. It was not that she did not like the dress, she did but it was just not her mood to wear bright colors. Her mood was for something darker. Perhaps maroon or black? 

She was going through her temporary closet searching for dark colored clothing when the door of her room opened and Aaiyla entered. 

"Amyrah?" Aaiyla walked over to the closet where Amyrah was hunched at. 

"Hey Aaiyla" she muttered, standing up and pushing the lose strands of her dark hair back. 

"Amyrah are you alright?" questioned Aaiyla, looking over the messy closet. It was very unusual of Amyrah to be doing such things. 

"Yes, no" she said in frustration, taking a seat on the bed with her head in her hands. 

"Amyrah! Whats wrong?" questioned Aaiyla, sitting beside her. To Aaiyla, it was her fault for ignoring her best friend over all her wedding preparations. She did not have time for her best friend!

"N-Nothing" said Amyrah, rubbing her eyes to prevent tears. 

"AMYRAH!" 

"Kayan likes me and I like him but the problem is that there is another family coming to see me and if things work out, it just might be the end for us" said Amyrah, so fast that the only thing Aaiyla caught on was Kayan, I and Like. 

And that was it for her to make her conclusion that her best friend had hidden alot from her. 

"OH MY ALLAH! OH MY ALLAH!!!" She squealed, hugging her best friend and literally jumping up and down on the bed. 

"AAIYLA! Calm down!" scolded Amyrah. 

Aaiyla bend down to her level from the top of the bed and smiled brightly.