CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17- 'Friendly' Reunion. 

-----------

Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven

~Tryon Edwards~

-----------

AMYRAH 

I was startled to see Kayan and his family there but nonetheless, kept shut. 

No one knew about Kayan and I's meetings and deals back in the past and I would like to keep it that way. 

"So Amyrah, How was your trip back home?" asked Ayesha aunty, Aaiyla's mother-in-law. I could tell, she was an amazing woman and Aaiyla will have no problem with her. They both were alike in many aspects. 

"Alhamdulillah it was good" I replied, fidgeting with my dupatta's edge. 

"How did you know Amyrah, by the way?" Ayesha Aunty asked Qaidah Masi and everyone turned to them. 

Kayan looked up to me and I silently begged him to keep shut about our encounters. 

"She is Kayan's neighbour in Vancouver" replied Qaidah aunt, smiling brightly at them. "-I met her at the grand opening. She was a client of Kayan's" 

Everyone turned to Kayan who squirmed nervously. 

This was the first time I saw Kayan nervous. 

"Ahum... well Miss. Amyrah designed and created our advertising billboards and that got us alot of potential customers. So ahem....um........ she worked with our marketing team to make good publicity. Ammi met her at the grand opening" he said, carefully threading his way through. 

"Our Amyrah! Ever so talented!" beamed Amma and I smiled in her direction. 

"She wanted to go into graphics but we had stopped her but she still pursued her dreams and look where she is today" said Amma. 

"Amma....." said Ammi and Amma smiled at her. 

"Of course" with that, the discussions about me closed and the upcoming wedding discussions opened. 

Soon ammi and Jazbah mah were gone to set up for dinner and the other ladies followed. 

Aaiyla stood up and pulled me along with her and Kulthum followed us through. 

"How was your trip here?" I asked her, picking out the plates. 

"It was alright. If you don't count the fact that Kayan bhai kept whining that he has businesses to attend to in some other country" she said, laughing slightly. 

I immediately felt bad. Because of me, he did not want to come here. 

We set up the dinner table and called everyone for dinner. It was a large and noisy dinner, so Kayan was easily able to talk to me, since he was beside Yazdan, who was beside me. 

"I told you so" He said, leaning towards us. 

"Just so you know, I believe in arranged marriages. And my parents have the right to chose the groom for me." I whispered back, ignoring an annoyed homo sepian in between us. 

"But you do have the freedom to chose who you marry!" He replied, plopping a piece of steak in his mouth, smirking at me after that. 

I shrugged, before continuing to eat my food, which was some rice, chicket in sauce and salad.