CHAPTER 25

Chapter 25: The Trip. 

----------------

"People here always said to me, 'Why would you leave civilization to go to a place like Fiji?' Fiji is a far more civilized place than California or New York City. "

< Raymond Burr >

-----------------

The sound of 'Inferno' filled the bus as everyone eagerly watched what would happen next. The windows were opened and the AC was off as Yazdan drove out of the town of Nadi towards the deserted highways leading to Sigatoka. It was a beautiful travel but the movie was captivating. 

Finally when interval hit, they realized they were in the middle of an almost deserted highway, a beach trailing beside them and sun shining down upon the washing waters. 

"Guys, I think we should stop for a bit" suggested Aaiyla. Mainly because she felt like she would die any moment of hunger. (Ehaan might have eaten all her snacks) 

"Agreed!" the rest yelled. 

Amyrah was seated on the couch right beside Kayan who was asleep. 

She smiled at him and stood up to go out. Before she could go, a hand pushed her back.

Kulthum grinned at her before whispering something in her ear and rushing away, out of Amyrah's reach. 

Amyrah sighed and turned to Kayan who was sleeping very peacefully. She knew he must not have eaten much for breakfast for he was late in the morning and since they did not have lunch yet and it was almost 12 pm. Zuhr would be soon so he would eventually need to wake up. 

She called out his name a few times but he did not respond. She poked him with a stick she found on the bus but it did not wake him either. She screamed his name out loud yet he slept soundly. 

Amyrah let out a frustrated groan. Shaking her head, she got off the bus and walked towards the beach. 

Taking off her shoes and folding up her jeans abit, she ran into the water where Aaiyla, Urwa, Ruha and Kulthum were. Raha was somewhere near the palm trees, avoiding water at all costs. The boys were picking shells and aimlessly talking. 

The girls took photos of the water and their own. They were busy playing about to even notice the boys were in the water too. But unlike them, They were fully arms with cups to splash water. And before anyone could react, Ehaan threw water on Aaiyla and a water fight, in the water itself had began. 

Fifteen minutes later, they all returned shivering. Kayan leaned on the tree and chuckled seeing them. 

"Creating frozen 3, I see" he remarked, rolling his eyes at his siblings. 

"Towels there" he then nodded towards the small shed where a heap of towels were placed. 

Amyrah took a white one and dried herself up before rubbing her hands together to warm up. The weather became cloudy suddenly and even though the sun was shining, it was cold. 

"Guys, I think it will rain soon so we should head up" said Sahl and everyone agreed. 

Kayan swapped positions with Yazdan as the driver this time. 

"Go sleep" 

Sahl's words turned out to be right indeed. It started raining a few meters later, and even though it was just drizzling, it felt like it was a thunder storm.