Prologue

Do a good deed. Good deeds are always good. That's what I was taught. So when I saw my fellow college mate looking like he was gonna pass out from stress, I helped him out and bought the man some coffee. Little did I know that it was gonna open up a can of worms I thought I closed back up. Yep, he's back now and better than ever. Well, somewhat. Tyler Caldwell actually decided to go to college. He was my boyfriend for like a day my senior year of high school. It was an "experimental" relationship.

I never pegged him as the type to fall in love and I never expected myself to fall for him. So I did what I thought was safe: I left. Tyler wasn't exactly the most influential person in school. He wasn't exactly the most honorable guy to date. I'm putting this nicely though. He was a whore and was a complete jerk. So how I did I get tangled up with him? I don't even know.

Now about that can of worms. I thought it was safe to just leave and leave my past behind me. I left early for college and started over. My fragile eighteen year old heart was sad and confused. I was a shy girl in high school and had never even dated before Tyler. He was a spur of the moment type thing. One day of "experimenting" turned into a month, then two months, then four, and then eight. I think it was safe to say that Ty broke my heart when I saw him kissing Racheal Sanders in the rain. The fucking rain. Like on "The Notebook" type shit. I'm rolling my eyes now just thinking about it.

I freaking loved him.

But college changed me. I'm a whole new person and and I'm better than ever. I'm Danielle Smith or just Elle. And this is the story of how one cup of coffee opened up that can of worms I thought I had sealed tightly shut.