4- An Understanding

I woke up to the ringing of my phone. I only had one class today and it started at eleven. It was five in the morning.

"Why, just why." I muttered as I picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said sleepily.

"It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom."

"Aristotle, really? Leave me alone." I said and hung up the phone, already knowing who it was. My phone started to ring again. I answered it, only out of curiosity.

"You know, it's rude to hang up on someone who took the time out to call you." Tyler said.

"Wasn't I the one who got your number? Why do you have mine?" I asked.

"I texted myself, no biggie." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You need to stop quoting Aristotle by the way." I told him. Ty chuckled.

"And let me add this quote to the list of others. I was for sure you wouldn't know this one."

"And you still keep a list of all the quotes I've said to you?" I asked.

"Always. Now get up and get dressed into something comfortable. I'll be over in fifteen minutes." He said. I did a double take.

"First you call me at an indecent time of the day. Now you want me to get dressed for something I don't even know about? And did you say you'll be over in fifteen minutes? Do you know how long it takes me to get ready?!" I asked. I heard him sigh.

"Danielle, get dressed. Please. I have an eight o'clock class today." He said. I sighed then nodded, forgetting that he couldn't see me.

"Fine." I said.

"Thank you." He said into the phone. "Whatever." I mumbled. After hanging up, I sat up and looked around my room. I saw a yellow sundress sitting in a chair across the room. My brown sandals didn't sit too far away from it. That's what I would wear today. I got up and went to shower.

The dress fell above my knees and had an open back. If I was gonna wake up this early, I wanted to look cute. I pulled my hair into a bun and just as I was strapping on my right sandal, I heard the doorbell. I got up and looked through the peephole. Tyler stood there, waiting. I opened the door. I'm not even gonna ask how he got my address.

"You look amazing." He said as he stepped in. He already knew that I was no where near ready.

"There better be food involved." I said as I went back to my room. I looked around quickly for my clutch and pearl earrings.

"Hey Tyler!" I yelled.

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen a pair of pearl earrings?" I asked him. I had one in my hand so I should've asked for one.

"I found one on your side table." He said as he entered my room. I grabbed it and thanked him.

"And you say my apartment is messy." He said as he took a seat on my bed.

"Get off, I just made it up." I said, trying to pull him off my bed. He smirked and pulled my hands, making me stand right between his legs. His hands rested on my lower back right above my butt. He smiled at me and rubbed small circles with the pad of his thumbs.

"Did I say amazing earlier? I meant gorgeous." He said. I folded my arms.

"Tyler, its five fifty in the morning and I'm hungry. You still haven't told me exactly where we are going and why I should go. You can't just call me early in the morning and expect me to say yes to everything you ask of me." I told him. He only smiled.