14- Love Sick

"How about we give them some chicken from Popeye's?" I asked Tyler. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No ma'am, you and I are going to cook this dinner alright?" He told me. I shrugged and folded my arms. After attempting to climb onto the counter, he helped me up and I watched him cook.

"I'm blessed." I said aloud as I watched his butt move around the kitchen.

"Yeah, because staring at your husband's butt while he cooks is a blessing." He said sarcastically. I laughed and nodded.

"I'll take that blessing any day, baby." I said to him with a smile. He crossed over and kissed me very long. I felt kicks from my stomach and smiled as our son made his presence known.

"Forever and always, Tyler Jr." Tyler said and kissed my stomach. I couldn't wait until this munchkin got here. I knew one thing though. His name was not Tyler Jr. Tyler looked at me.

"You gonna help me pack tonight, right?" He asked me. I looked at him weird.

"Pack? Where you going?" I asked him. He sat the spatula down and wiped his hands on the towel that laid on his shoulder.

"That workshop I told you about last month, babe. You helped me find reservations, remember?" He asked. I nodded.

"Oh that one. I'm still upset with you about that." I told him. He chuckled.

"After you have the baby and he turns to a suitable age for flying, we'll go somewhere together as a family. Until then you, my gorgeous wife, are gonna sit at home and rest. I want everything to go smoothly for this pregnancy so we can try for more." He said with a smirk. I laughed at him.

"If that's what you think." I told him.

"That's what I know." He said and kissed me once again.

"Ew! Come on guys, not only are you kissing in the kitchen but Elle's butt is near the food too?!" I heard an all too familiar voice yell out.

"Why did we give her a key again?" Tyler mumbled against my lips. I shrugged.

"Beats me." I said.

"The best part about this whole setup is seeing your husband shirtless, Elle." Grace said as she picked up a grape from our fruit bowl. I rolled my eyes.

"Nice to see you too, Grace." Ty said as he tended to the food.

"Eyes off my husband, thank you." I told her. She rolled her eyes and walked over to me.

"I would hug you Mrs. Caldwell, but who knows what you and Mr. Caldwell have been doing." She said. Tyler turned around and winked at us.

"I could say the same when I go to your house. Who knows what you and Chris do in y'alls spare time." I said with a smirk. She blushed and hid her face. I hopped down from the counter, earning a glare from Tyler. I stuck my tongue out at him and pulled Grace to the living room. I pulled her close so I whisper to her.

"So, is the surprise getting set up?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded frantically.

"Yes, he's gonna love it." She said with a sure smile. I smiled and looked back at Tyler. He looked up and winked at me. I love that man. The surprise I had planned for him involved his love for basketball. Tyler was one of the best basketball players on the team in high school. He wanted to play in college. He did and was awesome at it. I went back and watched some of his old games. I was still confused as to how he'd played for our college and I still didn't recognize him until we were at the library.

Anyway, I got Tyler tickets to an NBA game during March Madness. Well, it was a pass to any five games he wanted to attend. The pass was on it's way and he'd be able to use it next year. Our baby was supposed to be born this October and by that time, he'll be five months. I just hoped he'd love the gift. It was a wedding gift.

"You've got to name this baby sometime. His name can't be the baby or Tyler Jr. all the time." Grace brought up. I shrugged.

"We're thinking of one. Tyson is starting to stick. But Noah is also in consideration. But Tyson is Tyler's favorite." I told her. She smiled and patted my hand. A small tear escaped her eyes. I frowned as I started to tear up. I was extremely emotional.

"What's wrong, Grace? You're gonna make me cry." I said to her. She smiled and patted my hand.

"I'm so proud of you, Elle. You came out of your shell and now you're married to the love of your life with a sweet baby boy on the way." She said. I smiled at her. I was grateful for my best friend. I really was.

-

Tyler

"Baaaaaabbbbbbbbbeeeee!" I yelled out. I heard shuffling in the hallway. Danny stopped in the doorway, took one look at me, then kept walking. I shook my head as I sneezed again. My wife was the most caring person ever when I was sick. Note the sarcasm there.

"Baaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbeeeee!" I yelled again. I heard her shuffling again and watched as she came and stood by the bed. Before I could say anything, she turned and shuffled quickly out the room. I heard her make her way downstairs. I groaned as I coughed badly.

"El-"

"You gone make me hurt you if you don't stop calling my name, boy." She said as she walked into the room. In her hands was a tray with what looked like soup and crackers with juice. I smiled at her while she just rolled her eyes. She sat on the edge of the bed.

"Now before you eat this, I have a story behind it." She said with a smile. I looked at her skeptically.

"I actually followed a recipe, babe. I made the soup by myself. Be proud." She said with a huge smile and a wink. Proud was an understatement. I was proud, happy, and scared to even taste the soup. I picked up the soon and tasted the soup. My eyes widened.

"Holy, shit, babe. This soup is good!" I said. She smiled at me.

"I told you I worked on my cooking." Elle said with a proud look on her face. She took a seat beside me as I ate my soup.

"I'm sorry you couldn't go to your workshop, babe." She said and rubbed my arm. I nodded as I ate more of the food.

"It's alright. There will be more and hopefully I can take you with me on them. I wasn't sure how I was gonna handle being away from you a whole week." I told her honestly. Elle was my backbone. She made sure I had everything I needed. For the past few months, Elle has helped me do whatever I needed to do for our business. The deal on an office space was almost closed and we've already hired workers. Our first project was coming up within the next year. It was a very exciting process and I was just glad to be doing it with my wife by my side.

"These days, Tyson kicks more than I would like him to." Elle said as she held her stomach. I placed my hand on her stomach and felt Tyson's kicks cease. His foot was replaced with his hand as he got still.

"If Tyson was girl, he'd be a total daddy's girl." Elle said with an eye roll. I laughed and smirked at her.

"You can be daddy's girl too." I said to her, trying to make a sexy face. It failed because I soon started back coughing. She laughed at me and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, husband, what am I gonna do with you?" She asked as she ran a hand through my hand. I grabbed it and placed a kiss on her hand.

"Love me. That's all you can do." I told her. She smiled and laid her head on my chest. I love this woman so much.