2- A Blooming Onion

"I can't do this. We aren't right for each other and quite frankly, I think you're a major control freak." I said. Really Elle?

"I don't want you no more, and you be musty sometimes. Your attitude is nasty and you're a lousy cheater." I said.

"Nah, too honest." I mumbled as I applied some lipstick. The picture of Evan sitting on my vanity was only a mockery of what I had to do tonight. Well, in thirty minutes. I sighed as I looked over the picture then took it out the frame. This was the right choice, I'm sure. I'm not gonna sit here and put myself through something I don't have to be apart of. I pulled out a lighter and set the picture on fire. Carefully, I walked towards my balcony and let it burn out there. Just by watching it burn, I felt a little better.

"Come on, we're gonna be late." I heard his voice. I gotta get my key back. I got up with an eye roll and grabbed my clutch. When I walked into the living room, I saw Evan standing there in a tux with his phone out, typing away.

"I'm ready. Let's go, because these heels ain't getting any more comfortable." I said and walked past him. He turned on his feet and followed. When we got outside, I allowed myself into his expensive car and buckled up. Soon, we made it to the restaurant we went to so many times before. Just to my luck, news reporters were outside. This is what I get for dating the Governor's son. This was my last of Evan Washington.

"Evan, before we start this off, I need to tell you something." I said. He held up a finger for me to wait. I placed a hand on my forehead. Okay, take a breath Elle. I know not! I know he did not just put a finger for me to hold on. When he finished his so-called important business on his phone. Dude was cheating, which was part of the reason I wanted to breakup with him. He and his little friend, Yasmine, weren't discreet at all. I feel like there is more to me than this. I'm tying myself down too early.

"Yeah, babe?" He asked. I rose an eyebrow. Evan never called me babe, just Danielle.

"I'm breaking up with you. This isn't working out. I can not and will not sit here and lie to you and say that it's not you it's me because quite frankly, it is you." I told him. He looked at me for a moment then a puzzled look crossed his face.

"Yeah, I can't let you do that. We're not breaking up." He said. I had the puzzled look this time.

"And why the hell not?" I asked. He smiled tightly.

"Because, sweetheart, I like you, my parents like you, and I think it's time for us to settle down. I want to marry you." He told me. I took a sip of water before clearing my throat.

"I just told you that I wanted to break up with you and you want to marry me?" I asked. He smiled that tight smile again.

"You're perfect. The perfect Governor's wife material." He said. Oh hell no. Come on, I'm only twenty one and I turn twenty two in three months. That's a little early for me to be getting married.

"Evan, have you been drinking? This is not how it's supposed to go." I told him.

"Why'd you want to break up with me anyway? I'm perfect." He said. Did he really want to know?

"Well there's a lot I could say, but let me narrow it down to a few. First, your standards are too freaking high. When I said yes to being your little girlfriend and what not, I didn't sign up to be the future wife to a public figure. You're so self centered that it's crazy. You treat me like a lesser person. There's this weird thing you do with your mouth that irritates my soul. And most of all, you don't even have time for me, Evan. Oh and did I forget to mention the fact that you're cheating?! It was fun when we started but now this is just tiring." I said. Like I said, it was only a few. There was more to it too.

"Does this have anything to do with Tyler Caldwell?" He asked. I rose an eyebrow.

"Who is that?" I asked. He looked slightly annoyed.

"Come on, Danielle, he is the most wanted guy on campus. Every girl swoons for him when he's around. It's quite obvious. I saw you two holding hands and talking today. Why didn't you tell me you knew him in an intimate way?" He asked. Hm, I see he did his research.

"Were you spying on me?" I asked. He scoffed.

"Not the point." He said. I was about to say something when a voice spoke up.

"Hello, I'll be your waiter for tonight. Can I start you off with some drinks?"

I looked up and caught sight of the devil himself smirking at my current situation. He must've heard the whole thing.

"What time do you get off?" I got up and asked him. He looked at his watch then to the door.

"Right now. The person I was filling in for just arrived. When you finish here, meet me by the door." He said and left, not before sending a smile towards Evan. I looked at my ex boyfriend.

"The only thing I'll miss about this relationship is your mom. She made some bomb ass cherry pie." I said and put my jacket on. "Nice knowing you. Thanks for making these past three months a decent amount of time. No hard feelings right? And by the way, I'm gonna need my key back." Evan just watched as I walked away. I turned back around towards him. His face lit up as I got near.

"No, actually, I'm gone need that key back right now." I said. I'll be damned if he had an extra key to my place. I don't need any weird shit happening. I got the key and left.

When I got to the door, I saw Tyler standing in his casual attire. He was leaning against the wall and smiled when he saw me.

"I thought you were joking when you said you had a breakup to do." He said as he guided me out the door. I sighed.

"I don't have anything to say about that. Evan Washington can kiss my-"

"No he can't, that's mine." I heard him say. I rolled my eyes.

"How can it be yours when you only noticed it almost four hours ago?" I asked. He chuckled.

"It's always been mine." He told me and kissed my forehead.

"Stop showing affection. People are gonna think I'm taken. I haven't been single for ten minutes and you're already feeling me up." I said, removing his hands from my hips.

"This reminds me of when we first met but yet it's different at the same time." He murmured.

"How? This isn't anything like when we met." I told him. He smiled.

"Yeah in a way it is except your brother isn't here to guard you away from me. And now, you're a little bit more carefree. I can tell. You weren't exactly the nicest person to be around. I thought you were a prude at first." He said. I laughed.

"That's until you took me on more dates. I'm the most wonderful person you know, Tyler." I said. He smiled.

"This is true."

"I'm like a blooming onion." I told him.

"That explains the smell then but I think you mean a flower." He said as he held his nose and laughed. I slapped his arm, making him laugh even more. He took a hold of my hand and squeezed it.

"Come on, I got something I want to show you." He said.