s i x

Friday afternoon
3:00 p.m.

—————————————————

FRESH off her lunch break that consisted of Mexican nachos, Remy walked into the Federal Bureau Office. She heads straight to her office so that she could get some paperwork done. She greets everyone she passes while making her way down the wide hallway. Twisting the medium sized, glass doorknob, she entered the space and closed the door. Once she got to her desk, she noticed a brown folder that boldly read Federal Bureau Investigation Case File.

She didn't hesitate to open it, knowing that her unit chief, Dr. Valentine had placed it there. Inside, the file outlined the details of a recent murder in Portland, Oregon. There was a serial killer whom traveled along the jurisdiction of Washington, California, and Oregon and his targets were women, preferably young, white, and blonde. These targets were very high risk, mostly prostitutes, runaways, and drug addicts. The file also had details of the murders that happened in San Francisco and right here in Seattle.

    They hadn't been able to identify who it was yet, but they knew he was a male. The nature of the crimes were very violent and there were signs of sexual assault before he murdered them. That's why the case was handed over to the FBI. They needed someone to give a profile.

Her eyes carefully reads all of the details, not missing a single clue. She then moves to crime photos and photos of the victims. Like every time she opened a case file, she was thankful that no one she knew resided in them. It didn't make the job better, but it helped her remain at ease.

Out of the corner of her eye, she recognized a bouquet of roses laying on her desk. Remy was slightly confused. Aaliyah wasn't the type to send flowers so she knew it wasn't from her. Reaching over, she fetched for a card and found one.

   Heard these were your favorite. Have a good day. — Don

Immediately, she placed the roses in the trash can beside her desk. That was trouble she didn't need right now. Out of habit, she straightened anything that seemed out of place until it was to her liking. A knock on her door sounded causing her to jump and it opened revealing Special Agent Taylor. "Dr. Valentine wants us in the conference room."

   Remy nodded her head, and stood from her desk. She grabbed the case file before heading out of her office. "How was lunch?" She asked, sparking conversation with her partner.

Taylor moved a piece of her blonde hair from her eye, and placed it behind her ear. "It was great. Jack actually surprised me with a lunch date today since we hadn't did it in so long. What about you genius?"

   "Mexican nachos." Remy wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ah." Taylor smirked. "Can't go wrong with that."

    "Mhmm." Remy hummed lowly. "Seems like more than a lunch date though considering the fact that you came back with a rock on your finger." She looked at Taylor before they both looked down at her ring finger simultaneously. Taylor looked up with a you caught me face. "I noticed it by the knock."

"Of course." Taylor smirked.

    "Congratulations? Aren't you in line for that? You don't seem too happy."

Taylor lifted her brow. "You're going to profile me now?"

     "Hmm, maybe later. We have a case right now." Remy stated with a smile on her face. Truth was, it was too many ears around for them to talk. They couldn't speak freely, and their friendship banked on that.