t h i r t y - s i x

Excuse any mistakes

Seattle, Washington
Later that week

It was date night for Rayne and Amir. They were attending a food truck festival right outside of the downtown district. The couple had been doing really well since their last fallen out. Rayne just hoped that it continued.

Amir was sitting on the bed, waiting for her to finish getting dressed. She was going in and out of the bathroom, her closet, the bedroom, everywhere.

He was glad that she was now wearing braids because he'd have a fit if she had to do her hair. He liked the outfit she was wearing, though. It consisted of black high-waist, knee cut jeans, a black flannel, and a pair of black red bottoms.

She layered her flannel with a red leather jacket, wore large, gold hoop earrings and had a red Prada bag to match her outfit.

"You fine as hell." He looked at her.

Rayne stopped applying lipstick, and looked at him through the mirror with a smile on her face. "Thanks boo bear." She smirked.

Amir kissed his teeth. "Man, chill with that nickname."

"You're my boo bear." She laughed to herself before rubbing her lips together.

"Aight, I'm ya boo bear." He rolled his eyes.

"Hood niggas so soft." Rayne said, putting her lipstick back on the dresser.

"I have my days."

Rayne nodded her head in approval as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was satisfied with what she had put together. Turning to Amir and clutching the handles on her purse, she smiled at him.

"Ready."

"About fucking time." He mumbled to himself, and grabbed his keys.

"Mm?" She cupped her ear.

"Nothing." He chuckled, allowing her to go out first.

Rayne squinted her eyes at him while walking out of the bedroom. "You smell wonderful." She bit her lip once she got a whiff of his cologne.

"Gone na before I cancel date night." He winked.

"Don't threaten me with a good time, boo bear."

Amir threw his arm around her neck as they walked down the staircase. "My truck got alot of room. Just wait until we leave the festival shorty."

Rayne nodded her head. "True, true."

When they made it to the main level, Messiah was walking in the house. "Family."

"Hey Messiah."

"Wassup nigga?" The two slapped hands with one another.

Rayne didn't miss the exposed and fresh hickie on the side of his neck. "Hmp." She smirked at him.

"Man, chill." Messiah laughed.

"I didn't say anything." She held up her hands in defense. "I just hoped you used protection."

"My nigga know what he doin'." Amir jumped in the conversation, gently pushing Rayne out of the door. He looked at Messiah with a questionable look. "You did use protection, right?"

Messiah smacked his lips. "Duh nigga."

"Aight, I'm just makin' sho. Let me take the wifey out, tho. Don't fuck up my crib."