t h i r t y - s e v e n

I really dropped a nuclear bomb in that last chapter. My bad y'all. I know y'all weren't ready. Y'all slippin' cause y'all know better dealing with me.

Excuse any mistakes

Excuse any mistakes

Seattle, WA
Same night

With her hand rested in the crook of her neck, Naomi cuddled under a soft comforter on the bed. She tried to watch tv to get the events from earlier that night out of her head.

   But, it was no use.

She was disappointed in herself. No one should ever get her to that point. She was tired, though.

     Naomi had years of anger built up inside of her. She'd just reached her breaking point. It felt like an outer body experience and she was kind of happy Zeke had grabbed her when he did.

She probably would have killed the girl.

    Putting the brim of the wine glass to her lips, she drunk the rest of the contents and placed the glass on the night stand.

Glancing at the key she took from Zeke, she sighed heavily and leaned her head back. Although she tried to blink the tears away, they still fell.

     You miss him already.

Ugh.

She rolled her eyes at the thought him. Naomi suddenly looked at the promise ring on her finger, snatching it off and throwing it on the stand beside her.

Maybe we just went too fast.

Her phone lit up beside her, and she noticed Zeke's name pop up for the tenth time that night. She was broken now, shattered really.

        Grabbing her phone, she declined the call and blocked his number. She was thankful that he already had his dog. She'd send his things to him so he would have no reason to come over.

Nia peeped her head in the door with a cheesy grin on her face. The grin fell once she noticed Zeke wasn't in the bed.

   "Where is ZeeZee?"

Naomi cringed at the question. How was she supposed to tell Nia that ZeeZee wasn't coming back any time soon? "Umm, he's at his place."

Nia's face contorted up in confusion. "Why?"

"Because that's where he lives." Naomi slightly chuckled, and sat up. "What do you want little girl?"

"I wanted to play with Cato." She pouted.