f o r t y - t w o

Oh crap. This book is probably over. I think maybe one or two chapters left. Aw that sucks..... glad I did the spinoff. 😂

Excuse any mistakes.

Seattle, Washington
Same night

      Naomi and Nia walked through the front door with Ashton right behind them. Nia flew down the hallway to her bedroom, probably to find some toys to play with.

Ashton had taken them out for donuts and a movie. It was probably a bad idea because Nia couldn't be still in the theater. She'd already seen Despicable 3 so her main focus was to talk throughout and tell the movie.

       Thankfully she was a five year old, not too many people were upset. Now, she was bouncing off the wall and Naomi wouldn't wait until she crashed.

"Thanks again, Ash." Naomi placed her purse on the couch and turned to him. "I really can't thank you enough."

      "This is my job." He shrugged. "I gotta make sure my baby mama good, in all ways."

"Well, you're a good baby daddy." Naomi laughed, and took off her jacket. "Want something? Water? Tea? Coffee?"

       "Nah, I'm fine." He said as he sat on the couch.

Nia ran back out of her room with a few dolls in her hands. "Nia, you know better than to run in my house." Naomi yelled as she walked to her own room to change.

      Slowing down, Nia began tip toeing across the floor. Ashton shook his head, laughing at his daughter who was just too full of personality.

"Daddy, hold this." She pushed the Ken doll into his hands, forcing him to hold it.

      "Have you been painting?" Ashton asked, watching her comb her doll's hair.

Nia shook her head no. "I just have no inspiration daddy." She responded in her light, and dramatic voice.

     "What you know about inspiration gal?"

"Alot." Nia answered. "Is Mommy gonna be ok?" She looked up at him.

"Yeah, your Mom is the strongest person I know. She just had a bad couple of days. It happens." Ashton explained, picking her up and sitting her in his lap.

Naomi appeared back in the room with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt on. She's put her hair up in a ponytail, and Ashton was staring.

Because she was beautiful.

But, also she had a glow to her that he'd seen before. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Mommy, you cooking?" Nia looked up at her.

Naomi put her hand on her hips. The nerve of this child.

"I didn't plan on it, Nia Renèe."

"Aw man." Nia pouted. "I want some potatoes."

"Just potatoes?" Ashton asked, and Nia nodded her head in excitement. "You're a weirdo."

"Yo mama." Nia blurted out.

"Nia!" Naomi looked at her like she'd lost her mind. "Where'd you learn that?"

"Adrian taught it to me."