n i n e t e e n | part 1

Omg! I haven't interacted with you all lately and I feel kind of bad about it. I'm so into this book! It's already up to 20K views which is amazing because I really didn't expect that. How are you all enjoying the characters so far? Who's your fav? Personally, Rayne is my favorite with Naomi a close first.

I know this book's plot is relatively different and that's how I wanted it to be. Contrary to popular belief, there's a lot of black men out there like Zeke. In a way, I feel sorry for them but he's a grown ass man now. It's time for him to see that everyone isn't like his deadbeat mama. Although, Senaya is hilarious.

Do you guys enjoy Ashton's characteristics? I know him revealing that he was bisexual was a plot twist, lol. He cheated on Naomi, though :/. I'm just so interested to hear you guys' thoughts. Please, please, please continue to vote and comment because they are essential to me! I need to know if you guys are enjoying it. I hope you all are doing well and that your summer has awarded you job opportunities, love, light & joy!

Excuse any mistakes & enjoy!

Seattle, Washington

Two weeks later
The wedding

———————

It was an Autumn wedding in the late afternoon. The area faced the breathtaking sunset that sat right above the lake.  Although the scenery for the wedding was breathtaking, inside was an anxiety filled groom.

Amir was freaking out.

"I can't do this shit." Amir told Rakim, his best man, as he paced the room. His locs were swinging all over the place and a little perspiration had appeared on his forehead.

"Good luck telling Rayne that shit." Rakim sat in one of the chairs, looking rather unbothered. He knew his best friend was just freaking out and having an anxiety attack about being a one woman man forever. Rakim also knew that Rayne was a good woman though. He's the one who told Amir he needed to put a ring on her finger.

   Rakim was tall. His height would be the first thing anyone notice because it was hard not to. He wore it well, also. Rakim was well built, had a defined physique. It was obvious even in his all white, tailored suit. His milk chocolate skin was smooth and he wore the friendliest eyes. Rakim had chiselled features, wore a low haircut, and a smile to die for.

Amir stopped and kissed his teeth, looking at Rakim who simply shrugged his shoulders. Amir wasn't even fully dressed and he was scheduled to go down the aisle in ten minutes. Terrence, his other groomsman, shook his head at his antics.

Terrence was considered chuscular. He had some fitness to him, but he also had some chubbiness. That didn't stop his train though. The ladies loved him, moreso for his charming personality. Terrence had a light brown complexion with a low fade with waves. A full beard was connected and a tattoo rested on the side of his neck. People considered him the funny one out of the group.

"Nigga, get dressed so we can get yo ass down the aisle. Rayne is not shootin' me." Terrence stuck his hands in the pockets of his white tailored trousers. Dominic was typing away on his phone, probably arguing with one of his six baby mamas. A light skinned Dominican prince is what he referred himself as. He had curls on the top of his head with the sides faded. Standing about 6'1", Dominic was handsome, really handsome. But, he had too much baggage.