t h i r t y - o n e | part 2

Excuse any mistakes..

Seattle, Washington
8:22pm

Turning the key in the door knob, Naomi walked inside the warm penthouse. She immediately smelled Zeke's strong cologne, inhaling the scent as she closed the door behind her. Removing the shoes off of her feet, Naomi looked around as she walked down the small foyer that lead the living room. "Zeke?" She called out.

"I'm in here." He responded.

She appeared in the room, noticing that Zeke was messing with his camera. He turned most of his lower level into a photography studio. Naomi looked around at the pictures, some were new while the others she had noticed before.

She smiled at one of the pictures from when they left the aquarium. Naomi didn't realize that he had taken a picture of her and Nia. "That's a beautiful picture."

        Zeke looked up to see which picture she was looking at. He smiled at the picture as well and nodded. "Yea it is."

"So, what does Mr. Ingram have up his sleeve?" She looked at him.

          "I want to take pictures of you." Zeke replied, standing up and walking over towards her. "You were meant to be in front of a camera."

Naomi looked unsure about the idea. "I'm not a model."

     "You're a natural to be honest." He looked over her and licked his lips.

"Hmm, I don't know. I'm camera shy."

           "I don't believe that for one second, Dr." he moved a string of hair behind her ears. "I think you love the camera. The pictures around your place says so. That's where Nia gets it from."

Naomi playfully rolled her eyes, and walked away from him. "Okay, maybe I like the camera just a little bit."

    "I know you do." She sat her purse on the table and slowly removed her leather jacket. Zeke helped her, and threw the jacket on the back of the couch.

"I'm glad I decided to look decent." She looked at him.

    Taking her by the hand, he smirked and shook his head. "Stop, you always look amazing."

"I still have scars." She frowned causing him to turn and look back at her.

           Bending down slightly, he pecked her lips. "Flaws and all, Naomi. Physical scars or not, you're still beautiful."

Reassurance, something Naomi didn't need often, but these days she needed them more than ever. The incident with the police officer made her feel less than. As if she wasn't someone, somebody.

    She didn't feel beautiful, although she still received many compliments. But, Zeke's comforting words seemed to put the pieces back together.

"Okay. I'll do your little photoshoot." She let go of his hand and walked over to where his camera was set up. She moved in front of the white backdrop while Zeke went over to his camera and finished preparing it.

Naomi noticed an antique turntable in the corner near Zeke's bookshelf. Lifting an eyebrow out of curiosity, she walked over and glanced at his record collection.

Hmm, he loves jazz too.

"You're full of surprises." She glanced back at him. Zeke looked over at her and smiled.

"You like jazz music?" He asked.

She nodded as she continued going through his collection. "I love it. My grandfather played the saxophone. He was from Harlem so you know he was the era of the Harlem Renaissance. He taught Amir how to play as well."