f i f t e e n

Excuse mistakes. I'm finding my groove with this book and things are coming along!!!!! 😩

Monday evening 

Seattle, Washington

———————

Naomi was typing away on her cellular device as she and Nia patiently waited for Rayne to come out of the dressing room. Her wedding dress was finished and altered to her liking. At least Naomi hoped so. Rayne hadn't been a bridezilla up to this point, but two weeks before the wedding could apply some pressure.

"What you doing?" Nia blocked Naomi's view of the phone to be nosey.

"I'm working." Naomi says to keep it simple.

"But, you're not at work, Mommy." Nia turned to look at Naomi with a perplexed look. "How can you work when you not at work?"

Naomi turned her phone to the side so she could sign a contract that was sent to her email. "Good question. I shouldn't even be working right now since I am technically off. But, I have to keep working so you can keep getting gummy worms." She says.

Nia eyes widened. "Oh, Mommy. I need the gummy worms."

"I know." Naomi chuckles, exiting out of her mail. Remy walks in with two other bridesmaids, who is also Rayne and Remy's line sisters, Erica and Lauren.

"Has she come out yet?" Lauren looks at Naomi, who shakes her head no.

"Yea, I will have to call you back, though." Remy ended her conversation with whoever, and greets her niece. "Hey princess!" She exclaimed.

"TeTe Remy!" Nia shares her excitement, and runs to her. Remy scoops her up, hugging her tightly. "I missed you. Did you get the bad guy?" Nia pulled away to look at Remy, suddenly interested about Remy's job.

"No, no." Remy pouts. "We haven't gotten the bad guy yet. We're close though." She winks.

"You always get the bad guy, TeTe." Nia smiles, hugging Remy again. Remy places Nia back on her feet, and walks over to where Naomi is sitting.

"Hey girl. Is Rayne scared to come out or something?" She asks before taking a seat.

"I don't even know." Naomi shakes her head.

I really don't want to fucking be here, she thinks to herself.

I'm jealous.

So fucking jealous.

"Ms. Erica, what's that?" Nia points at the tattoo that was on Erica's thigh. Erica blushed in embarrassment. For what? Naomi didn't know.

"It's called a tattoo." Erica stated somewhat sarcastically, catching Naomi's attention.

"I'm sure she's asking what kind of tattoo it is." Naomi shot a glare into Erica's direction.

Nia didn't look away from Erica because she was still awaiting a valid answer. Her big brown eyes focused, and she blinked them almost at a tune. Erica looked at Naomi and discreetly rolled her eyes. "It's my mother's birthday, sweetheart." Erica responded, looking down at Nia.