t w e n t y - f o u r

50k views! The quickest I've ever gotten to it. Here's an update to show my appreciation. Excuse the mistakes!

Seattle, Washington
Friday night

While in her long silk black robe, Naomi was moving through the kitchen preparing a meal for her and Nia. She was making smothered pork chops, rice, greens and yams. While Jazmine Sullivan's Masterpiece was playing through the kitchen, she washed her greens thoroughly.

Nia was in her art room working on one of her many masterpieces. She listened to her mom sing the melodies, trying to mimic. Naomi glanced up every now and then to keep an eye out on her. Messiah was in his room sleep, tired from Naomi giving him a list of house duties while she was at work.

Messiah had to wash her other two vehicles, clean the house, and he worked out in her home gym. She just wanted him to stay busy until Amir was back from Spain. Naomi was in the works of getting him a job at her brother publication, which Amir oversees. She just had to break the news to him.

Her phone pinged, and she looked at the phone on the side of the sink, noticing that Zeke had texted her back. He was working at the office late, per usual. The two hadn't seen each other since Wednesday because both had been really busy.

She moved the greens to the water that was boiling on the stove. After adding the necessary seasonings, she dried her hands on the rag.

      Naomi took the time to reply to Zeke's message before laying the phone back on the concrete countertops. A knock on the door caused her to look up at the security cameras. Ashton was standing there and Naomi wondered why he was there unannounced.

Tightening her robe, she walked to the front door, opening it. She caught Ashton off guard with her appearance. Naomi heard him cuss under his breath, and made sure that nothing was sneaking out of her robe.

      Ashton was looking good himself, dressed in a tailored beige suit. It looked like he'd just gotten off work, but Naomi wanted to know why he showed up unannounced. That was unlike him.

"Did you call me?" She lifted her eyebrow curiously.

Ashton shook out of his trance, looking behind her shoulder to see if Nia was behind her. When he saw that she wasn't, his returned to Naomi. "Nah, I didn't. We need to talk, though."

"About?" She folded her arms across her chest, leaning against the door.

Ashton sighed harshly, running his hand down his face. "Why the fuck is Nia talking about some dude named ZeeZee and I haven't met him? You got him around my daughter Naomi? What type of shit is that?"

Naomi was taken aback by his attitude. She tilted her head to the side and before she could let it into him, Nia ran to the door. "Daddy!" She exclaimed, moving past Naomi to jump in Ashton's arms.

He caught her with ease, kissing her face repeatedly. Nia was giggling uncontrollably while Naomi was trying to get her thoughts back positive. "Can Mommy and I talk?" He asked.

      "Okay. I want you to see my painting." Nia looked at him.

"Okay, I will." He nodded, putting her down on her feet. The two shared another kiss before she ran back into the house. Once Nia was out of sight, Naomi stepped out further and closed the door behind her.