Chapter 4: The escort

"Cody! Finally!" Anakin almost cheered in glee when one of his favorite clone troopers emerged from behind dozens of trees.

Obi-Wan and Lyanna both looked up, seeing the five clone troopers walking towards them. The night had fallen, leaving them in almost complete darkness. Anakin had made a fire in the small clearing even though Lyanna had protested fiercely.

"It took some time to find you, General. You've chosen quite the place to hide." Cody smiled as he took off his helmet. He then looked at Lyanna who was a few feet away from them, just outside their hearing range.

"That's quite the prisoner you have there." Cody frowned as he looked at the several cuts and bruises on her skin. With her fiery red hair, high cheekbones and her prominent jawline, she still looked quite fierce. Her dark blue eyes made her face look much softer though, along with the freckles on her nose and the area around it.

"Don't let her looks deceive you, Cody, she's a she-devil." Anakin chuckled and watched as Obi-Wan walked towards them.

"I can confirm that." Another clone trooper spoke up and took off his helmet. Upon seeing the tattoo on his face, Anakin discovered that it was Fives. "She's the one that knocked me out by throwing me against a wall."

"You got knocked out by a woman?" Another trooper laughed at him.

"The rebels have proven themselves to be much more powerful than we expected." Cody admitted and looked at the two jedi. "We've lost a lot of good troopers during the siege."

"How? They didn't seem vigilant when we were there." Obi-Wan frowned as they all sat down in a circle around the fire, a few feet away from Lyanna.

"Because it was at the last moment that they attacked. When we entered the throne room, they blew up the whole building. More than 65 troopers were buried alive." Cody told them, a pained expression appearing on his face.

"That's more than we can handle right now." Obi-Wan sighed deeply, rubbing his fingers against the bridge of his nose. He hated losing troopers, let alone so many at once. He always saw them as equals, unlike some senators who saw them as merely pawns that could be sent to death.

"Damned rebels." Anakin cursed loudly and stood up abruptly, pacing in front of them and trying to contain his anger.

"What are you planning with her?" Cody nodded at Lyanna who was just sitting there, staring at the moss in front of her. Anakin had bound her to a tree, ensuring that she won't escape.

"I wanted to extract some information but... It's not working with her." Obi-wan said.

"You think she knows the location of the weapon?" Cody asked.

"Oh, I'm sure she does." Obi-Wan chuckled. "She's just too damn stubborn."

"Well, another try won't hurt." Anakin, who was still in somewhat of a fury walked towards Lyanna with big steps. With his enormous height and the scar on his face, Anakin didn't look very friendly.

"Anakin, stop!" Obi-Wan protested and chased after him.

"We've lost 65 men, Obi-Wan, I'm not going to lose more!" Anakin snapped. Lyanna noticed the commotion, sitting upright immediately and watching Anakin's every step as her legs pushed her body against the tree.

"Anakin-" obi-Wan sighed. He knew his friend was right, but he didn't like hurting or scaring prisoners for information. Especially not when it was a woman whom he wasn't sure was guilty.

"This is the last time I'm going to ask nicely." Anakin stood right before her, glaring down at her small figure. "Where did you hide the weapon?!"