Chapter 26: A new order

Warm light woke me up from a long sleep. I groaned as I sat upright, feeling soft sheets glide off my bare arms. I smelt the river and felt the moisture in the air, the soft breeze flowing through my hair. My head was throbbing and I still felt naeseous. Still, I savored the feeling of the warm sun shining on my face. 

"You're awake." Stefan's voice disrupted me. He sat on a chair next to my bed, smiling softy at me when I looked at him. He'd changed his armour for a white button up shirt and some loose dark brown pants that fitted him nicely. I saw the bags under his eyes, but the kindness remained.

"Stefan." I greeted him as I slowly threw my legs over the edge of my bed. They felt numb and weak like I'd been lying still for weeks.  The pain in my head got much worse, making me rub my hands against my head as I pressed my eyes shut. "How long have I been out?" 

"A few days." He answered. "How are you feeling?" 

"Like I've been hit by a mountain." I groaned and opened my eyes. But I wasn't hit by a mountain, I remembered, I was hit by Arthas Blackwing. He escaped. We lost. My father is dead. My thoughts were racing as the memories all returned.

Stefan saw my expression change drastically. "I'm sorry, Lyanna." He tried to comfort me. "Your father he... He sacrificed himself-"

"For what?" I stood up abruptly. "For me?" I snapped and walked over to my closet, throwing it open while searching for my armor. "For his people?"

"Lyanna, I-"

"Well they were pretty quick with accepting their next leader." I snapped and changed into my armor quickly, fiddling with the belts around my waist. "It's almost like they don't even care about that they lost their king!" Stefan only sighed and walked towards me. His calm demeanor soothed my outburst and I quickly came to realise it wasn't him who was at fault here. 

"I'm sorry, Stefan." I stopped with the armor and turned towards him. 

"Here." He softly smiled at me as he opened his hand, revealing the necklace that my father gave me. "He wanted you to have this." He placed it in my hand.

"You have any idea what it means?" I said after a while, twisting the pendant around. The symbol looked like a dragon and the pendant was green with a few hints of gold here and there. On the back was a small encrypture;  From the ashes, we shall rise. 

"I don't really." Stefan said. "I thought that it might be a sigil, but I couldn't find it in any of our records."

"Father said that it would lead me to my true parents and my destiny." Bouncing it up and down in my hand, I then put in around my neck and hid it under my chestguard. "I guess I'll have to do my own research." Collecting the rest of my things and ignoring the pain in my head, I realized I had missed one vital thing. I turned back towards Stefan with a thoughtfull look on my face. "Where are the jedi? Where's Obi-Wan?"

He immediatelly coughed awkwardly and shuffled on his feet. "I thought you might ask that." He sighed and rubbed his head.

"Stefan?" Worry started to build up in my stomach. "What happened?" 

He continued to shuffle awkwardly. "I was given strict orders not to say. Now, If you'll excuse me." He stated and darted for the door. Just before he could open it, I pushed it shut and kept him from leaving.

"What did Aidan do?" My voice was stern as I looked at him directly. I waited patiently as Stefan collected his thoughts and sighed deeply.

"He locked them up." He answered as he looked at his feet. When I didn't say anything, he continued. "He still thinks that they are our enemies." My gaze turned sour as he continued to struggle with the right words to say. "They're locked in the servants' quarters together with the  remaining clones. They're awaiting the sentence from the council."