Chapter 14: An unexpected turn of events

It was around 3 o'clock in the morning when it started. The sky was dark but the numerous stars and the 2 moons made it possible for us to see where we were going. I'm going to be honest with you, I was almost shitting myself due to the nerves.

This whole battle was freaking me out. Not only because of the fact that it concerned Arthas and his possible escape, but also because I was afraid of people getting hurt. Clones included. For me that was kind of normal considering the fact that I was a medic but this time it was different, worse in a way.

I had no choice but to follow the plan though, just like Aidan said before. It was with great reluctance that I did.

To confuse the jedi and their troopers, my uncle Derik, Stefan and his men were sent outside to keep the fight there while Aidan and I made sure we could move Arthas. As we could hear the sounds of the battle raging on beneath us Aidan and I made our way to the palace.

Even though we first thought of going in silent, we now decided to literally fly through the roof of the Throne Room to save us the effort and time. The glass shattered all around us and followed us down through the hole and into the underground hall which contained the prison.

"Remember not to kill them!" I shouted at my brother while knocking out a trooper near me after we had landed. It was a complete chaos with shots being fired from everywhere and the large wings of our warriors that clouded our visions.

"Sometimes they don't give me a choice!" Aidan knocked back a trooper, sending him flying over ten feet till he hit a pillar and fell down, uncounsious. "I will try my best, sister." He smiled at me.

"Just hurry up with readying that prison, we need to get out of here as soon as possible." Within a few minutes all the clones that were standing guard in the hall were down. I knew that much more were coming, including two certain jedi's that I definitelly didn't want to encounter again.

"Don't worry, we've got this." Aidan chuckled. Just like he suggested, his men were throwing robes over the prison and tying it up, making it ready to be moved by the several gryphons we brought.

"We just need to somehow get it off the ground." Aidan huffed and watched how they were trying to get the crystal detached from the floor.

"Stefan, how much time do we have?" I put on my commlink.

"Well, not much." I could hear the rage of battle going on through the commlink. "Your uncle and his men are nowhere to be seen and I think we've lost the element of surprise. Just a few more minutes and we'll be overrun."

"What do you mean Derik's not there?" I frowned as my heart started to thump wildly.

"Exactly like I said, he's not here. I haven't seen the bugger since we bloody landed."

"What the hell." I groaned internally and turned around to face Aidan. He too had heard Stefan's words and was frowning deeply.

"He must've had a reason to leave you there." I heard Aidan's voice both through the commlink and normaly.

"I'm sure he did. But right now, we won't survive for much longer."

"Get out of there Stefan. We don't want to lose more men." I commanded. "We will take it from here."

"Are you sure about that?" His sarcastic voice with a hint of anger immediatelly made me groan internally. I turned around, catching Anakin's dark eyes as he was standing a few feet away with one of my men at his feet. His lightsaber casted blue shadows on his otherwise dark face, making him look like some kind of ghost.

"You're surrounded, princess." Obi-Wan emerged from another entrance. His eyes caught mine and held them.

"Aidan." I shuffled on my feet, motioning towards all of the clones that too emerged from all the other entrances to the vault. "I think we're no longer the only ones that know about those passages."