Chapter 11: The city of clouds

"We can work this out, together." Obi-Wan's voice echoed through my head as I was making my way towards Eagle's fall. Still doubting wheter or not I made the right choice, I kept on repeating his claim over and over till it would make sense.

It never did. I didn't understand him, didn't know what he aimed to accomplish. He was to one who invaded our land and then claimed that he was led there by one of our own. That on itself was something doubtfull. Yet somehow I believed him, he didn't seem like someone who would lie. But if he wanted to help me figure this out, why didn't he listen to me?

My head was throbbing and my wings were aching but I carried on nonetheless, my eyes focusing on my destination that came into view.

Eagle's fall, as the name suggests, was located right beneath a waterfall. The city was built on the bottom of the cliff, surrounding the river and clouded with the steam.

It was beautifull, the city had many watchtowers guarding the town and there were a lot of bridges crossing the rivers. On the cliffs amidst the river houses were built, the bottom of their stone foundation covered in the green plants that grew near the riverbed. Around the city was a tall wall and behind that was a dense forest.

It was a strategic place for us to inhabit. Besides the wonderous location, Eagle's fall was the centre of our planet when it came to trade routes. The city itself also had a recruitment centre, the place where all our warriors were trained to fly and control the Seidr. I myself had been training there for quite some time.

I landed gracefully near the royal palace of the city. It wasn't much, just a few buildings made to look impressive. It did have its own landing platform and stables though, together with a few servants and one cook.

While re-adjusting my tunic and examining the wound on my leg that was healing pretty well, my thoughts were still focused on a certain blue eyed jedi. Which meant that I didn't notice my father storming out of the palace.

"Lyanna Cirilla Deania Nightwing!" His large, heavy steps suddenly woke me from my day dream. I straightened up
Immediately, turning towards him while thinking of a good story to match my absence for the past four days.

Instead of a furious speech I was met with a bone crushing hug. "Father?" I tried to breathe while he was almost crushing the life out of me. "A little air, please."

He let me go only to put both his hands on my shoulders. His wise eyes locked with mine as he knotted his dark eyebrows together. "Don't ever do that to me again." He ordered, his eyes turning stern.

"In my defense, I followed your orders." I smiled awkwardly. "Besides, I never was in any immediate danger."

"You mean to say that you weren't captured by two jedi who could have impaled you with their glowing sticks at any given moment?" Aidan walked towards us while taking off his gloves.

"They would never have done that." I rolled my eyes at him while taking a step back from my father. "On the contrary, they were very gentle and honorable."

"Of course, because you bewitched them with your impressive charm." He mocked me, earning a scoff from my father and a glare from me.

"Where's Eugene?"

"I brought him to the medbay." Aidan answered as he walked up to us. "He's going to be fine, doc. Now back to the real problem here: what did you learn during your moment of capture?"