Chapter 9: The element of surprise

The silence stretched on for a long time as Obi-Wan was thinking all of it through. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry-"

I knew he wouldn't help me. So I kicked my left leg back to hit the trooper right on the spot while I hit the other with my elbow in a matter of seconds, making it possible for me to break free out of their hold. Heating up my hands to the point that the cuffs melted off, I then pushed both jedi out of the way while they were still surprised and wondering what the hell just happened.

I stormed towards the panel of the prison, arriving before it in a matter of seconds. "Why can't it just have an off button?" I cursed loudly as my eyes flew over the numerous flickering lights.

"Get away from there!" Anakin yelled furiously as blaster fire struck all around me. Knowing I had lost the element of surprise, I realized I had no time to figure this whole

machine out as the sparks of the blaster fire flew around me.

"Don't shoot her!" Obi-Wan yelled over the thunderous sound of the blaster firs.

I did the thing that had the most effect in a short amount of time: I grasped my sword and watched how it expanded at my touch in a matter of seconds and then stuck it right in the panel, lightning and sparks flying all around me. I smiled in victory and retracted my sword while the alarm went off immediately.

I had just a mere second to admire my work until I felt an invincible force grasp me from behind and throw me back from the machine. My back hit the ground but I got up on my feet immediately with my sword still in my hand.

Narrowing my eyes at both jedi who had ignited their lightsabers in response, I scowled at them as I bowed my legs slightly to ready myself for an attack. I was completely surrounded, there were troopers all around me with their blasters pointed right at me. The only way out was up.

"You had that thing with you the whole time?!" Anakin pointed at my double-bladed sword as he paced in front of me.

"Put down your weapon." Obi-Wan ordered while his two hands grasped the hilt of his saber tightly. Even though he was in a fighting pose, his eyes betrayed him. He seemed concerned, reluctant even.

"This was a great idea, Obi-Wan, just great!" Anakin paced while glaring at me. Obi-Wan only glanced at him before turning his attention back to me.

"You know, I had hopes that we could figure this out together." I growled at them. "But you just had to-" I started to pace in frustration, my hand running through my long wavy hair. "You really fucked up now." I chuckled nervously.

"Drop your weapon, feathers." Anakin narrowed his eyes as he took a few steps towards me. "Or we'll have to kill you."

I stood motionless for a while, watching Obi-Wan intently. I was hesitating, I knew he was the only chance I had at peace. Now that they had this though, knowing that they refused to give this weapon up, I had no other choice but to fight. To fight them, the ones who kept me prisoner this whole time.

Surprisingly enough it hurt, a lot. I sighed deeply as I watched how they took slow steps towards me with their sabers raised.

"You have no idea what you've done." I whispered as I hung my sword back on my belt which retracted its blades immediately at the loss of my touch. I closed my eyes and started to collect all the power I had left in my fist which started to glow. I held it close against my chest as it started to heat up.

"Lyanna, whatever you're about to do, think it through carefully." Obi-Wan said as he neared me, eyeing my fist with a frown. He probably hadn't seen anything like it before. Unlike Anakin though, he understood that it was something like the force they used, only in a different form.