Chapter 21: Getting Ready For Battle

'No.' My father said curtly after pondering for a while. His eyes went up to meet mine as he sat on his throne, his hair tussled and messy. I had just told him about the plan I came up with. Obviously, I left out the part of how I had to kiss obi-wan to come up with it.

'But father, listen-'

'I said no, Lyanna!' he blurted in annoyance, making me jump back in surprise. His sudden outburst caused all the guards to stiffen up. 'Even if Arthas is weak after waking up, there' s no chance you could possibly reach him. Your plan it's... It's based solely on possibilities and assumptions!"

I swallowed the lump that was growing in my throat as I casted my eyes down to the ground." We won't be able to defeat them in hand to hand combat, father. There's too many of them. "

"I will not let you face Arthas. Not while I'm still breathing, I will not." he shook his head no as his eyes went to obi-wan. "Did you help her come up with this plan, Jedi?"

Obi-Wan glanced at me for a moment as he sighed deeply. "I did." he looked back at my father. "with all due respect, your grace, your daughter is right. You can't risk the men it will take for a full frontal assault."

"Are you deaf?!" my father yelled and quickly got up from his throne, towering over us as he glared down threatingly. "We can't defeat Arthas!"

Suddenly his face contorted with pain, his hand grasping at his chest as he fell back down on the throne. He groaned in agony as he almost curled up into a ball.

"father!" I ran straight up the stairs and towards him, my fingers quickly searching for a pulse.

"You have no idea what he is capable off." he whimpered as he looked at me. His heart rate was fastened, I found, and irregular. He'd had these attacks for months now, but they were getting more frequent with each passing day. "You didn't fight him like I did for so many times."

I quickly took one of the syringes he had in a bag around his waist and injected it in his arm. I then softly rubbed my thumb against his palm to calm him down as I waited for his attack to fade. I studied his sad eyes as he gazed off into the distance, recalling memories he had buried for a long time.

"He killed my father, my sister and my wife too. Nobody could stop him, not even 4 of our strongest Valarjar." he sighed deeply and closed his eyes, his heart rate returning back to normal.

"you know I could stop these attacks." I whispered softly as I heard Obi-Wan walking up to us carefully. "If you would just let me help you."

"everyone must die. It's just a matter of time." his hand went up to hold my cheek, his hand studying my face as his words pained me more than he could imagine. Being able to help him and yet not being allowed to was one of the hardest things to live through.

"It's my time soon." Eric continued." But not yours. You will live through tomorrow if you follow my orders and stay away from Arthas if he ever breaks out. Our priority must be to keep that from happening."

I sighed and nodded, knowing I wouldn't be able to change his mind. If there was one thing that was certain about my father, it would be that he was headstrong.

"Could you wait outside, Lyanna? I need to talk to the Jedi." he sat up straight again, his hand guiding me up by holding my elbows.

I nodded again and smiled at him softly. "Goodnight, father." on my way out I glanced at Obi-Wan. To my surprise, he didn't look the slightest bit afraid or nervous. Instead, he looked as calm and balanced as always. Above all he didn't even give me the slightest glance.

~

During my time waiting outside, I was pacing in front of the huge doors to the throne room. My mind was going haywire over the next day. One of the greatest battles of the century was going to take place, that much was certain. Who was going to be the one to tell the story was a whole other matter.