Ch. 4

C H A P T E R IV

(M i k u b a e 's   pov)

I was completely flustered, even when we got home. Both my brothers became defensive and started questioning me. Hashirama-niisama even began crying from my refusal to confide in him. I gently tapped my reddening cheeks. 'Ah don't lose your head, Mikubae. The big idiot probably did that without much thought.' I listened to the more strict side of my conscious to focus on my more meaningful task.

I was in the large garden just outside our home. For the last year, I've been secretly practicing a forbidden medical ninjutsu technique - one of my own creation. Neither one of my brothers knew I was doing this. If they did, they'd try to stop me.

My disease has been a nuisance for years, but I may have found a way to rid myself of it. However, if I performed the Jutsu carelessly I could kill myself.

My disease basically disrupted my chakra flow. I could function like a normal shinobi for about 3 minutes. After that, my chakra becomes completely depleted and I risk dying. Medical ninjutsu was more suited for me if I only had to heal minor wounds.

About 10 years ago, after several trials and errors, I had created a new Jutsu called 'The 100 Healings: Ninja Art of Mitotic Regeneration.' A Jutsu that basically cheated death when activated. It could heal any wound, replenish damaged cells, force open any disrupted chakra points and even restore destroyed organs. I came up with the idea of such a Jutsu after contemplating the thought of chakra reservoirs.

The success of such a Jutsu meant that I could function like a regular shinobi for a longer period of time by relying on that reserve. I was basically opening a new chakra channel. And if perfected, I might even be able to heal myself entirely.

My clan's famous Senjutsu chakra came in handy at this part. Instead of storing up my own chakra entirely, I was storing mostly nature chakra. The problem was forcing more than needed chakra into my body and focusing it into one point of my chakra system. The easiest point was my forehead.