Ch. 18

C H A P T E R   XVIII

(3 R D   pov)

Konoha's hospital was in a state of emergency. Every capable medical ninja, every free hand was brought in to assist in the healing of Lord Tobirama. His condition was near the edge of death. Severe. Critical. And no amount of healing hands could make up for how much blood and chakra the man would need to make it out alive.

Hashirama was forced to wait outside in the hall with Mito by his side. His head was in his hands, tears threatening to spill at any minute. His brother was laying on his death bed because of him. His younger sibling. He promised to never let another one of his siblings die in the face of combat....he couldn't do even that.

Nurses and doctors rushed by like a blurry image. Each time they came out from the surgical room, blood stained their rubber gloves and uniform. Mito continued to whisper words of comfort into the muddled man's ear.

The frantic buzzing of the nurses, however, were stopped by the loud slamming of the door. It harshly banged against the wall as Mikubae stormed in with begging staff members trailing behind her. Her eyes were livid, her face flustered from probably running all the way here. Hashirama stood up with Mito in tow.

Mikubae didn't plan to acknowledge them, just walk through the door. But Hashirama stepped in her way before she had a chance. He stared down at his sister sternly. And although he was taller and held more power, Mikubae seemed more intimidating. Her dark gaze and menacing aura was enough to silence everyone in the hall.

"Get out of the way." 

All the usual warmness in her voice was gone and replaced with coldness. She was in no mood to bend to her older brother's will. Hashirama wasn't willing to admit defeat either. He knew how Mikubae could be. He was sure that he knew exactly what she planned.

"Mikubae you can't go in there."

"I don't remember asking for permission."