Ch. 12

C H A P T E R   XII

(3 R D   POV)

A new day had come. No word from the Village Hokage or the leader of the Uchiha Clan. It would have been of small concern had it not been the Hokage. Tobirama dispatched 2 ANBU units to search for the Hokage and his company. In truth, the mission was probably more suited for Madara and a group of other Uchihas.

The men they had gone after were infamous for their nasty genjutsus and strange Kekki Genkai. They were probably the remnants of a clan that had been destroyed during the war. Hashirama had told Tobirama that he would rather invite these rogue ninjas to the village rather than fight them. The young Senju brother prayed that his brother hadn't made a stupid decision that would cost him his life.

'But then again when is he not an idiot.'

Mikubae stayed at the compound. She took the risk of trying to restart her progress with the Jutsu. With brothers both gone and Madara not around to make daily checks on her, this was her best chance. She secluded herself in her family's backyard. She had been at it for an hour, trying to take in nature chakra. But-

"Why isn't it working?" She looked at her hands confusedly.

No chakra would come into her body. She even tried storing her own chakra, but she received the same results. The only thing that happened was the heavy feeling in her body she got. It lasted for a good 10 minutes before slowly disappearing.