Ch. 5

C H A P T E R  V

(M i k u b a e 's   pov)

Tobirama-niisama surprisingly never returned. He probably left on an important mission. Madara was kind enough to stay with me. "Are you sure you can stay? Don't you have work?" We both took rest on the wooden porch that outlook the garden. I came beside him with a tray of two cups and a steaming tea pot. I poured us both a cup, carefully handing him his.

"I left it to my subordinate. So I have some time to spare."

I looked at him surprised. "Eh? Subordinate?"

"Weren't you the one who said I should find someone to help with my paper work so I could 'lighten up'?"

I smiled to myself. "I didn't know you were actually listening! Next time I come over, I want to meet him! He should be given a raise for sticking around so long!"

"Tch, annoying woman."

I watched anxiously as he took a sip of his tea. I eased up when I saw his eyes widen. He examined the drink. "This is good," he said impressed. "I'm glad. I made it myself. The herbs are from the roots and leaves of the plants I collected the first time we met." I took a sip of my tea as well. I hummed proudly. It was sweet, but not overly sweet.

"You'd make a good wife one day."

I nearly spat out my tea. My cup and its contents shook along with the rest of my body, my cheeks became a deep red. 

'W-W-W-Wife?!" I shakily placed my tea back on the tray to relieve my hands so they could cover my face. 'M-Me! A-A-A-A- Wife?! No way! I haven't even thought that far...well I mean I have thought about it, b-but it's so soon! ....Well if it were....him...' I looked at Madara from the corner of my eyes. He was still calmly drinking his tea, unaware of the loud thumping of my heart.

"MI-KU-BAE!!!!!!!!!"