Ch. 40

C H A P T E R XL

C H A P T E R   XL

(3 R D POV)

Konoha was roaring, and not in a bad sense. Everyone was jubilant at the great news about Hashirama an Mito's baby. The couple did plan to wait it out a bit longer but Mito's mother was like a baby hound dog. She had figured it out with a single glance at Mito's stomach. One thing led to another and....the whole village was told.

People were lavishing them with compliments, wishes, prayers, and gifts. Hashirama had become quite friendly with quite a few people from the other growing villages so it was only natural they'd be treated like idols. Any normal person would've been so overwhelmed with the flurry of everything that thinking of anyone else would've been impossible, but Mito was no ordinary woman.

The second her mother started ordering her to hurry up and search for the necessities for the baby, she had brought Mikubae along to search for things as well. The future Mrs. Uchiha wasn't very comfortable with her friend's offer. Her eyes were always wandering the street ways in case anyone was sending her strange looks or would jump when someone yelled out 'congratulations on your baby' (they obviously meant that to Mito).

Mrs. Senju sighed. "Mikubae, just calm down. You need to start finding things too."

"I'm not due for a while, Mito. Besides, what if people get suspicious?"

"They'll only be suspicious if you keep looking like that. Now help me choose out a cradle." Mikubae groaned. She and her sister had been going from shop to shop. They were currently at a wood carver's shop. There were all kinds of cradles. Some big, some small. Some were painted and others were left bland.

Mito was just like Hashirama - picky. 'I knew they'd be the perfect couple,' Mikubae thought with a flat look. She probably would've been more excited about doing baby shopping if she didn't have so much weighing on her mind.

Madara didn't know she was out doing this. He simply thought she was helping Mito make a list of things needed for the nursery; all from the safety of the Senju compound. If he heard that she had been overworking herself, he'd probably punish her. He was so overprotective of Mikubae. He went as far as to tell the hospital she wouldn't be coming in for the next couple of months. Mikubae immediately visited the hospital to tell them he was just joking.

The only reason why she wasn't working today was because of Mito.

"How about this one," Mito asked. The women stood in front of a wooden crib. It was nothing special really. It had no paint; a few carvings of vines and flowers running along the rim, but that was it. It was simple but nice. Mikubae nodded approvingly. "Hashirma-nii will probably add the Senju crest on it and may even paint it. From the way you're doing the baby's room, it should be nice."