Epilogue || Ch. 00

C H A P T E R 00

T H I R D   P O I N T   O F   V I E W

"Hm? Where am I?" Mikubae opened her eyes to see Konoha yet again. But it wasn't the Konoha she knew. Even in the dim lightning of the early morning she could make out the unfamiliar buildings and newly carved faces in the Hokage Mountain. Bothof her brothers' faces were there along with a few unfamiliar ones.

The low hanging swing she was seated on was set on a small knoll just outside of the village. Her mind tried to recall how she got here. All she could remember was walking through an endless darkness.

"You've been asleep for a long time. How do you feel, child?"

She blinked quizzically. "Who're you?"

The sun began to rise, gradually illuminating the face of the old man beside her. "I'm the one you'd call Kurama's father. It seems you and him had a very close relationship. I thank you for caring for him and the others."

A small smile of recognition graced her rather calm features

A small smile of recognition graced her rather calm features. She turned back to look at her home. "I see. So I really am dead..."

"You're rather calm."

She laughed sheepishly as she pushed herself lightly back and forth. "Well, there's nothing more I can do. Besides, I wouldn't have done it any differently. But why am I here?"

"You've woven your soul with my sons' fates. They were reincarnated in both Madara and Hashirama. You were an aberration of fate and somehow managed to rewrite the story. The next generation to come...will probably be different. I've kept you here for when that day might come."