Ch. 13

C H A P T E R  XIII

(3 R D   pov) 

Shinji left the two alone in Madara's room. The man was sitting upright in his futon with his shirt and armor all removed. Mikubae was good at staying professional. She remained calm in the face of his naked torso. She was quite skilled in normal medical care. Madara had received 8 perfect stitches from her on his arm and the bottom right of his torso.

"Thank you for protecting Nii-sama...I'm sure he's the reason things didn't go smoothly." Her hands gently dabbed a cloth with medicine onto one of his wounds. Once fully covered, she moved on to wrapping it.

"Hn. He tried to make a peace treaty with them."

"Haha. That sounds like him...." Her hands continued to pass the tan gauze as it slowly layered over his wound. "I'm glad you guys came back safe. I was worried."

"You're taking everything quite well considering we could've died." Madara was glad to know that she trusted him, but he just wanted to tease her a bit.

"It's because I had no doubt that you wouldn't not show up."

"Oh? And what made you so confident."

The metal clip to hold the bandage in place was carefully situated in its weavings. "Because I wouldn't have forgiven you if you didn't." Mikubae closed her eyes as she leaned down to kiss the bandage. Madara was perturbed by the daring gesture, having to hide his fiery cheeks before she straightened.

'Is she trying to test my restraint?' He wondered. 

Despite trying to be sly, Mikubae's eyes still caught a glimpse of his cheeks underneath his hand. The male kept his gaze completely trained on the wall beside him.