Ch. 24

C H A P T E R  XXIV

(3 R D   pov)

It was all starting to come back to her. It was still a bit hazy, but it was there. Mikubae was completely out of sorts at the end of his story. Her hands were curled in her hair, her eyes glazed over. "No...No that can't be true..." She didn't want it to be. She didn't want to believe that her family was capable of something so cruel. She felt sick.

She wanted to throw up, to scream, to cry. Her back ached from the reminded pain. Her head pulsed painfully against her skull.

Akashi honestly felt terrible for making her relive such horror, but it had to be done. He was the only one left who would tell her what truly happened. And his time had run out. Before he left her, he wanted to undo the wrongdoing he had done to her. The truth had been kept from her too long. Even if he didn't tell her, the seal on her mind would've become undone and who knows what would've happened.

Mikubae was too sucked into her own world to notice how Akashi's world was beginning to peel away like wallpaper. 

'It seems my doll on the battlefield has lost power. Things are escalating quickly...this world will soon end.'

 He felt it. The clone he used to fight the others was disconnected from his dark clutches. All of his little puppets were returning to their corpse state. Akashi smiled sadly at Mikubae's pitiful form. He walked towards her until they were a mere inch from each other.

 "Mikubae..." She flinched. "...I'm sorry for having dragged you back into this."