Ch. 26

C H A P T E R   XXVI

(3 R D   pov)

An entire week had passed since the whole thing. The event that happened with Mikubae remained a secret. Hashirama took care of all questions pertaining to his sister's disappearance. Tobirama woke up only a few days after. Hashirama told him everything since he fell unconscious. Both brothers tried to talk or even get a peek of their sister, but it was impossible.

Mikubae blocked out everyone. No one, not even Mito, was allowed to see her. Servants were ordered to leave her food outside her door. She would go far lengths to avoid her brothers. Even taking a shower at early dawn.

In spite of having wanted to just be left alone, she allowed a medical ninja to check her condition. They found that her chakra was flowing at a normal rate through her body. They were surprised though of how high-level quality her chakra was. It was perhaps on the same level of Hashirama.

Mikubae stayed in her room with shadow clones posted at her door (a Jutsu she had remembered from her brothers' days of training). 

She was a born prodigy. Her father was wrong about her. He was wrong about everything. However, that didn't matter to her now.

The broken Senju girl sat up in her futon. Deep, black circles hung from her eyes. Her eyes themselves were red and poofy. Her long brown locks sat still on her shoulders, deprived of its once silky texture and healthy glow. She felt emotionally drained. All she could think about were the lies fed to her. Had it not been....had it not been for Akashi, she would've been dead.

Nothing could've prepared her for the fact that her family would have been the cause of her death. In her hand, she numbly held her Tsubaki pin. It offered her support in her time of despair. It was the only thing not from her brothers and that held a memory. Her own memory.