Ch. 41

C H A P T E R   XLI

(3 r d   pov)

Mikubae and Tobirama walked side by side down the dimly lit sidewalks that went through the parks. The quiet waters going through the village glittered beautifully with the setting sun painted on it. People headed home or were just enjoying their time nodded their heads respectively to the two Senjus. 

"The village is getting more people," Mikubae commented with a smile. "It's good to see relations with the other shinobi nations are also coming along well."

In Mikubae's eyes, she could see history unraveling before her; but Tobirama only saw more openings for enemies to slip in. While he did believe in his elder brother's dreams, he knew he had to be the brother to stand from a practical viewpoint. "Yes...well, we still can't let our guard down. True peace can't be achieved simply with a few false smiles and signed documents. Even if the Tailed Beasts have been distributed fairly to ensure powers are at an equal standpoint there are those who will always want more." 

Mikubae sweatdropped. "There you go again, Nii-sama," she muttered dreadfully. A helpless sigh for her dear older brother escaped her lips. "You really need to find a girlfriend, Nii-sama. You take things too seriously." 

Tobirama's brow furrowed. "Why would I waste my time fraternizing with some random woman." The girl sent the obstinate male a flat look. "To establish bonds and to hopefully relieve your stress. Come on Nii-sama. You don't want to be alone forever, do you? And besides, it's not like it'd be hard for you to find someone." 

To prove her point, she directed his attention to a group of girls who had been watching them from a distance. They all instantly waved with bashful smiles. Mikubae returned her stare to her brother with a smug look. 

"See. Even though Nii-sama has a scary expression on his face and seems unapproachable, there's someone out there!" An irk mark appeared over Tobirama's forehead. He stopped and began to pull roughly on his sister's cheek. "Ever since you've been hanging around that damn Uchiha you've gotten a pretty bad mouth on you." 

"Gwah~! Nii-fama! Fotp!!!" Satisfied with her pained expression, Tobirama released her.