Ch. 29

C H A P T E R   XXIX

(3 R D  pov)

Mikubae wasn't sure what she was thinking at all. She just got over a pretty peculiar situation and then here she goes putting herself into another one. In simple words, this whole thing was looking super shady. Ashina may look like a serious man, but he was quite a child at heart. 

Before dawn had even woken up, one of Ashina's servants came to hand Mikubae a message. It was the location to where exactly he wanted her to meet and a small memo underneath it. 

Don't tell anyone. 

Mikubae started questioning whether she should really be doing this. After receiving the message, she didn't sleep at all. One part of her mind told her to not go and say that she had something while the other reminded her that leaving an elderly man, who was to be her future father-in-law, just standing around aimlessly, waiting for her would be awful. 

So against all her better judgment, Mikubae settled all the ends she needed to be taken care of before going. She apologized to Mito for not being able to help her with planning again, dodged any and of every question her brothers had, and begged Kouka to take care of her meetings today at the hospital. 

On her way to the destination, Mikubae made a mental note to buy some daifuku for Kouka as a piece of her appreciation. 

The meeting spot was quite some ways into the still developing area of Konoha. Her brother and Madara had big plans for the village's expansion. There were people from all over the world coming to have a part in Konoha's peace. There has even been talk about people considering about having themselves being recognized as villages as well. 

"Ah, Lady Mikubae, glad you could come!" Ashina pushed off from the tree he was leaning on. Mikubae laughed sheepishly. "To be honest, I was quite hesitant in lying to Mito..." Ashina patted her back with a cheerful smile. 

"Ah. If she or her mother found out what we were up to, it'd be bad." 

Mikubae's head lowered even more. "Please excuse me, but it sounds scandalous when Ashina-sama says it." Ashina laughed heartily. "Then how about we move on? What I'm about to show you, is unlike anything you've ever seen." Ashina guided Mikubae through low branches and twisted roots.