Ch. 15

C H A P T E R   XV

(3 R D   pov) 

The two units stalked towards their enemies' hideout cautiously, using the shadows as their cover. The Uchihas had already confirmed that no genjutsu had been placed and there were indeed chakra signatures inside. With a few hand motions from the albino leader, the men from both units swiftly entered the base.

Madara and Tobirama entered last. "Do they plan to take us head on?" Tobirama lowly questioned. "No," Madara replied, glaring down the long hallway before them," they probably have a trap set."

"Let's get this over with."

Side by side they ran down the dimly lit foyer. They met their squads at the end. Tobirama entered first. He cursed loudly. Madara peered in to say what the Senju was in such disarray. Instead of their targets, they found tied up ninjas who looked scared and confused. 

"These are the hostages they took..." Madara indicated, walking towards the tied up group.

"Why would they leave them here?" An ANBU wondered aloud. "They were buying time," Tobirama suggested.

"No." Madara had fought these men. They didn't need a diversion to buy themselves time. He removed a gag from one of the prisoners. "Where are they?"

"W-We don't know! We were drugged."

Tobirama stepped up beside Madara. "Do you know where they might be headed or who they are?"

The man shook his head ashamed. "No. We were kept in a separate room. Our chakra was constantly drained." One of the ANBUs who was busy freeing them, held up a chain for inspection.

 "Chakra shackles," he announced. Tobirama silently swore.