Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Trust takes years to build,

Seconds to break

And

Forever to repair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arielle, come on wake up," someone mutters to me gently.

"Arielle, come on wake up."

"Arielle, com-" I cut the person off by grunting softly.

I open my eyes and blink a few times to see where I am. I turn my head slightly to see that there is an old looking man watching man intently.

Where am I?

Then I remember the beating last night and the guy telling me to be awake. My dad said that guy opposite was my brother.

I try looking around but I cannot because the moment I move my head a shot of pain spread quickly across my arm, causing me to moan in pain. I close my eyes to prevent the tears that have formed from the pain, from falling.

I can hear a lot of hushed voices then suddenly the boy who is supposed to be chained opposite me is now standing in my lane of visions.

How did he get out? How did the man get out?

I force myself to turn my head to see that I too am unchained. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. My mind swarming with questions that I cannot answer.

How did I get unchained? When did I get unchained? Who unchained me?

"I know what you are thinking? And it's a long story for another day when we escape hopefully out of this place," my brother says me to with disgust.

"You are my- I'm going crazy aren't I, you couldn't be my brother could you, I mean-"

"I am your brother, most probably. There is no time to explain anything. Come on. We have to go before they come back," he says coming up to me, "This is going to hurt a bit."

"Christian" my brother calls out to the old man that is standing beside him. The old man nods his head and comes over to us. My brother gently lifts me up. 

"Ahh!" I start to scream but my brother immediately put his hand over my mouth. His hand is rough and dry against my face.

"Be quiet. Everything's going to be alright. Shhh." He soothes me as my whole body aches from the beatings that I had received yesterday.

My body burns as my brother holds me against his chest. My head is against his right side of his chest. I can hear the thumping sound of his heartbeat. We are currently walking through the library to the front door when my brother stops.

"I know what you are going to see now is going to shock you a lot but you have to know we are not going to hurt you."

I turn my head and look to see what he is talking about but my neck will not let me. Pain shots up my neck from the sudden movement. The burning sensation that I had before comes back.

I see a wolf coming this way.  I get scared so I cuddle deeper into my brother's chest. The wolf is definitely not a normal wolf with its brown fur and the wolf's brown eyes bore into mine. Something sparks in me; it is as if he trying to say something to me. The eyes seem very familiar, almost like the old man. I

This is not usual for a wolf at least for a normal wolf. My brother turns my face towards his so that we were looking at each other's eye to eye. Both of us do not say a word. The silence is enough to say everything.

"Ok, now I want to climb on the wolf's back and hold tightly to his fur. He will take you somewhere safe," he tells me gently.

"What about you?" I ask with concern. I may not know my brother for long but I do know that he is a good guy because he is saving my life.

"Don't worry about me" he says and carries me gently to the wolf and put me on the wolf. He checks over and makes sure I won't fall, and then he waves to me and says, "I'll see you soon." He nods to the wolf and with that, we running to god know where.

The wolf is going very fast for a normal wolf. I was holding on to the wolf so tightly I am surprised that it is not bleeding. We were passing so many trees at a minute, that if this was a game I would have lost a long time ago.

Just when I am getting used to the wolf, it stops and sniffs the air and growls a vicious growl. A shiver of fear passes through me. Goosebumps appear in my arms and legs.  I hear a rustle of leaves and then suddenly two wolves come out.

 My eyes go wide in shock. I grip the fur on the wolf. My heart beats wildly against my chest. One of the wolves that had come lets out a warning growl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

Not edited

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think is going to happen to Arielle?

Remember to

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF