Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Today I woke up feeling different. Something felt different but I could not my finger at it. I looked around my room trying to see if something is out of place but nothing was. Days had passed since the end of the war and the death of the Forte brothers and my father.

I remembered him falling onto the ground in agony. I still could not get it into my head that my biological father was dead. For the little time I have known him I felt like the weight of his death as if I had known him for my whole life.

I felt another roll of tears pour down my face. Ace enters the room carrying a plate of food for me. Since the death of my father, I had been stuck in my room. All I had thought about is the fight in the middle of Ace's room which was now under repairs because the fight thrashed the room.

"I brought you breakfast," Ace said, placing the tray of food on my lap. I looked down at the food, not hungry, even though I hadn't eaten a proper meal in days.

"Thanks," I mumble picking up the sandwich in my hands.

I ate the sandwich slowly, staring at Ace who also like me has dark circles around his eyes but we both had them for a different reason. Ace and my brothers were trying to make up for all the damage done by the war.

I wanted to help them, I really did but I had been feeling different for the past few days. I licked my dry lips when I saw the glass of water. I picked it up and drink all the water in the glass.

"You should get out of this room for a while," Ace suggested to me. He had been saying the same thing every day, but today I actually felt like going out. I felt like running around, trying to get rid of the sudden energy in my body.

"Sure, let me get dressed then we can go." Ace's eyes widened with surprise, I myself was surprised.

Every day he asked me the same question and each time I said no, but today I said yes without hesitation. I put the tray on the bed and slowly pull the blanket off me. As I got up I felt goosebumps all over my body, which was now missing the heat of the blanket.

As I walked to the bathroom I felt Ace's rough hand grab my wrist. I turn my head to look at his concerned face. I felt a thud of pain against my chest from Ace's concern. Since the fight all I thought about was what I was feeling, I never asked him or anyone how they were feeling.

I knew that Ace knew my father longer than I had, and he too was hurting but instead of moping around like me he was doing things that will make my father proud.

"Are you alright?" Ace asked, walking over to where I was standing. He brushed his hand against my cheek. I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes for a split second, enjoying the closeness of our bodies.

"I am feeling better. Are you alright?"

"I am." We both stared into each other's eyes. For the first time in a few days, we were calm and enjoying the moment without any interruptions. After a few seconds, I steped away reluctantly.

"I need to freshen up."

With that, I walked to my bathroom with a small smile on my face. While the warm water hit my body, taking away days of dirt millions of thoughts cloud my mind. I wanted to meet and help the people of this fortress.

Ever since the day I had come to this fortress, I always had something to do every day, but after the fight and the loss of my father I felt like I had nothing to do, but I was wrong. There were people hurting like me, but unlike they were hurting and is what Ace telling me was true than almost the whole fortress was working, doing something to make this fortress the same if not a better place.

After a few minutes, I step out the shower and wrap the towel around my body. I looked around to see I forgot to take my clothes. I walked out of the bathroom, clutching my towel tightly against my body. Ace pushed himself against the wall he was leaning on. His eyes widened when he sees that I have no clothes on.

"I will wait outside for you," Ace said, lowering his head and walks outside the room. I stared at him in confusion and quickly get dressed. I walked out of my room to see Ace banging his fist on the glass.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern. I saw small drops of blood drip from his fist.

"I am fine." His voice was rough and holds bit edge to it, almost like he is hiding something.

"You are bleeding and I know you are lying so let's keep this easy. What are you not telling me?" I crossed my arms over my chest, telling him I am not backing down until I get the answer I was waiting for.

"It is sooner than I thought. Come on." Ace said walking ahead. I looked at the broken glass that now has blood over it.

"Aren't you going to clean this mess?"

"Somebody will come and clean it. Now follow me we don't have much time."

I followed Ace as he walked through the maze of passageways. For the first time, I saw people walking around the Fortress. Some of the passageways look brand new with no scratches while others had broken walls and blood all over it.

"Where are we going and what did you mean by this is sooner than I thought?" My questions came out rushed and any normal human being wouldn't have understood what I am trying to say, but because Ace was a werewolf he heard it all.

"Your change to a hybrid is sooner than we all expected."

*____________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Did you expect the father to die?

Vote Goal - 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF