Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Do you remember anything else?" Romulus asked me again.

"No! As soon as they said they wanted me they disappeared I to thin air.

Before I could do anything else the white walls started to come closer so I got scared of getting squashed therefore I screamed," I said taking a deep breath.

"Come on let's clear out minds for a little bit. You still need to eat,"

Romulus said as he stood up from his crouching position.

"You are right." I stood up and stretch my tired body. My body made creaking noises as I touched the floor without bending my knees. After ten seconds I stood back up to see Romulus staring at me. His eyes looked distant as if he was remembering a memory. After a few seconds have passed Romulus finally comes back to reality.

"Good memory?" I asked studying his face that has turned back to its blank expression.

"Yes," Romulus said in shortly. Without a single word, Romulus starts walking. I follow him quietly. As we reach the end of the long passage I see walls full of glass. The paintings that are hanging on the glass wall have a dark brown frame that looks fairly new.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

"Yes, this is amazing! Is this like this for the whole castle?" I asked him. I watched my reflection in the glass walls as I walked. I turned my head up to the ceiling to see the glass as well.

"Yes and we rather like to call it a fortress."

"A fortress?" I asked raising my left eyebrow at him questionably.

"Yes, a fortress. Have you never heard of that before?"

"Yes, I have it just I don't hear the word fortress every day," I replied. I tilted my head to the side to see knots all over my hair. I pushed my hair behind my ear, too tired to care of how I look.

"Well, this is not your everyday life. This is your new life so you better get used to it."

"What do you mean my new life?" I asked with sudden panic. I felt my heartbeat quicken at the thought of never returning back to the human world, the place where I grew up and have all my memories.

"Well until we decide what we do with you," Romulus says without emotion. A heaviness came onto my chest. All this time I had thought that I had got a new friend, a friend that I could trust and confide in, but I should have known this as too good to be true.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"I am sorry but that is confidential," Romulus says looking over his shoulder to meet my eyes. He quickly turned away before I could see his face.

"This is my life we are talking about. I mean I didn't even want this. Ever since the Ace kidnapped me I have been betrayed by somebody or the other. Of course, you would not know how I feel because you are selfish and do not consider other people's feelings. If I knew this was what I would sign up for then I wouldn't have walked in the lane that night." I said harshly. I took a deep breath and feel a weight lift off my shoulders. I knew that that had been something I have wanted to say for a long time.

I waited for Romulus to reply back to me and take me back to the cell but he never did. Romulus keeps walking but his posture his stiff. The only sound you could hear was the footsteps of Romulus and I. Finally he came to stop without a single word he turns right and continues to walk a little bit until he has reached a glass door. Romulus opened the door and without waiting for me to walk through the door, he slammed it on my face. I cannot see through the glass door but I did know that Romulus could be leaving me behind if I didn't follow quickly.

I opened the sleek door and walk into the room. This room was the complete opposite of the passageways. The whole room was made out of wood. There was fireplace at the right-hand side of the room. Before I could look around more Romulus speaks.

"Are you coming or not?"

"I am coming," I said. With that Romulus turns around and walks through another door. I quickly jogged to the door which is on the other side of the room. I opened the door and as soon as I walked through it I am met with a modern kitchen. Like the other room and passage, the kitchen is completely different. Everything looked brand new and the latest model. There were three rows of metal cupboards. On top of the cupboards is a black platform. Everything was put neatly in place, not a single thing is out of line.

 "Go help yourself. I am just going to speak with somebody," Romulus said briskly and walked away. I could help but sigh. I felt the same loneliness I had in the cell but at least in the cell, there was somebody to talk to. I quickly shook my head of these thoughts and looked around kitchen wondering where to start.  

I went and opened all the cupboards to see what was in there. There was a sweet smell of Iris the flower. I inhaled the smell deeply; butterflies erupt in my stomach from the tingling smell. I closed my eyes and imagine I back the orphanage garden, where there were dozens of Iris flowers.

I opened my eyes immediately and scold myself for bringing back the memories. Finally, I settled on fried eggs with bacon and a bran muffin. As I ate my food I heard a murmur of voices. The voices became louder and louder and finally, the people came into the room.

"Are you sure about this?" I heard someone ask.

"We need to find out the truth. If she is what you say, dad, then we will finally," Romulus pauses for second and then continues, "believe Ariel is dead."

Nobody said anything. I finished off my bran muffin quickly. I might not know what they were talking about but I did know that it has got something to do with me. As I took my plate to the sink I saw the people watching me. I put down the plate and opened the tap to wash the plate but somebody interrupted me.

"It is fine you can leave it there." I looked towards the people to see Ace, my brother, Romulus and the older looking man from earlier in the cell. He was the one that was holding me.

"What do you want with me?" I asked curtly. I folded my arms over my chest, my eyes never looking down.

"We will not hurt you unless you are a threat," the older man said.

"How will you know I am not a threat?"

"I just need you to drink something and we will find out the answers from there."

"How do I know you are not telling the truth?"

"That is a smart question and I will show you by drinking the liquid myself."

"Fine I will drink the liquid."

*___________________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter? Do you like Romulus? Do you believe the older man?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

What do you think of the new cover?

Dedication – ThatGirllsEpic1 (Thanks for the awesome comment on the earlier chapter!)

Song - Human by Christina Perri

Vote Goal – 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF