Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"It is a long story," the old lady replied as she grazed the scar with her hand.

"Well as you can see I have got time," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"You know you never told me your story."

"My story?" I asked. I moved a little bit closer to the old lady so that I did not need to talk so loudly.

"You know how you came here."

"I already told you all that before," I said confused.

"No dear," the old lady said shaking her head, "you told me part of your story. I want to know your whole story."

"You mean like my life story?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"Yes exactly that dear," she said nodding her head.

"Okay, then but I am warning you that my story is very long."

"Well I have time," the lady repeated the same line I said five minutes ago.

"I guess we you do. I was born on the eighth of August 1996. My birth parents gave me up to an orphanage when I was three years old. While I grew up many of my friends would go away when they would get adopted. I always hoped somebody adopted me but nobody did. I always wondered what was wrong with me, I even asked one of the women that took care of us, but she all said was that there was nothing wrong with me I was just imagining things," I said. I felt a tear drop from my right eye but I quickly wiped it away.

I took a deep breath and continued as if I hadn't stopped, "When I turned sixteen I worked in a café as a waitress. I was trying to get money for my college fund. On my eighteenth birthday my best friend, Esme thought it would be a good idea to go clubbing. As I hadn't been to a club before I agreed. I would be lying if I said that I did not have fun. I had work the next day so I couldn't stay till midnight. I told Esme I would go home alone. She of course protested but I won. I was very tired so I thought I would take the Hollow Street, the shortcut to the orphanage. I had heard lots of horrid myths about that street but I never quite believed them. When I was halfway down the street I heard loud cries. I walked forward and saw one of the guys snap the guy's neck. From then on you know the story," I saidy, looking past the old lady.

A comfortable silence filled the cell. I thought of all the days that I wished for a family. Every Christmas I would jump up and down hoping that Santa Clause could give me a family. Every time I was disappointed. Sometimes when I was with Esme I would envy her for everything she had. Her loving family, her cozy house and Esme herself.

"You know you shouldn't be so disappointed," the lady said suddenly making me jump in fright.

"What do you mean?" I asked yet again confused at what she was meaning.

"You never know when life can take a good turn." The old lady peered at me with her short eyelashes.

"Now what is this I hear of you being the long-lost princess?" the old lady asked changing the subject.

"What long-lost princess?"

"Have you not heard of her?" the old asked, her eyes were wide open in shock.

"No I have not but who is she? Everybody talks about her."

"The princess name was Ariel. She was the first daughter to the Hybrid king and queen. Ariel was kidnapped by the Goners. The-" the old said but is cut off by me.

"What is a Goner?" I asked.

"The Goners are supernatural beings that want all the kingdoms to be gone. They want to live with no rules but of course, we cannot do that. If we did then we would reveal ourselves to the humans, starting a war that could have been prevented. Anyways back to the princess. The Goners had taken Ariel because they knew the kingdom would fall apart if Ariel was gone. The whole supernatural world searched for her for two years. Finally, the king stopped the search because there was no evidence found of her whereabouts."

"Did they ever find the body?" I asked quietly.

"No," the old lady said quietly, "that is what confuses everybody."

"So has the kingdom fallen apart?"

"No. The king knew the Goners motives and continues ruling strongly even though inside you could see that he was breaking apart."

"So how are you involved in all this?"

"The kingdom thinks that I am a Goner," the old lady said sighing.

"Well, are you?"

"No, but my mate is."

"Are you still with your mate?"

"No I rejected him as soon as I found out he was a Goner," the old lady said with hate.

"You are hiding something," I said suspiciously.

"No I am just tired," the old lady lied. She stands up slowly from her sitting position and starts to walk to her bed but stops when I speak up.

"I told you my whole story. It is only fair if you tell me yours."

The old lady did not say anything. She turned her head towards me and stares at me intently. The darkness of the cell is blocking me from seeing her face. The old lady walked back where she had been standing. She slowly sat down onto the cold ground so that she was in the same position as before.

"My mate used me to get information of the kingdom. He lied to me about how much he loved and cared for me. My mate lied about everything," the old lady said in a small voice. A small sob left her body. Before I could soothe her somebody shouts out my name.

"Arielle!" I turned my head towards the sound of the voice. In front of me stood the same man as earlier. His arms were folded across his chest. He was staring at me with brown eyes. He unfolded his arms and opens the cell. He walked until he is halfway in the cell. He again folds his arms.

"I need to know the truth, Arielle," he said.

*________________________________*

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry for the long wait!

Hope you enjoyed it! What do you think is going to happen next?

Which character do you hate at this point of the book?

This book got #596 on werewolf hot list!

Thanks to everybody who votes and comments! I really appreciate it!

Vote goal: 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

TTBMBFF