Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"What is the plan?" Romulus asked my father, as I entered my father's office.

I looked around the room to see Romulus sitting on a sleek, red leather chair and to see my father sitting on a sleek, white leather chair right opposite him. A newly polished table separates the two of them. Tall bookshelves surrounded them, almost acting as a door.

"What plan?" I asked sitting next to Romulus on the red chair.

"The plan to defeat the witches for once and for all," Romulus said, turning his head to look over at me. I widen my eyes in surprise.

This is the first time in days that we have talked about the upcoming war. For the past few days, I had been getting to know my father, Romulus and Zavion better.

Even though all of them were a little distance at first, they eventually realized that being distance was going to help neither of us. I not only learned more about my biological family, but I also learned more about the supernatural world.

For the past few weeks, the relationship between Ace and I has grown a lot. If I was not spending time with my family I was with him. As I got to know Ace, even more, I realized that he had a lot of downfalls in his life.

"Do you have any ideas for the plan?" I asked Romulus, tilting my head to the side, curious about his answer.

"Yes, I have a plan and that is to make sure all of them suffer," Romulus said, a dark look coming into his eyes.

"That is a very original plan Romulus," Ace said walking into the room.

As our eyes met, a smile formed on both of our faces. I scanned Ace and saw him in black, fitting shirt and black jeans. My stomach churned when I see him staring at me. I quickly looked away, a blush forming onto my face. I heard Ace chuckle in amusement.

"Do you have a better plan Ace?" Romulus asked, turning his head to look at Ace who took a seat beside me.

"Yes, in fact, I do," Ace said with confidence.

"What is your idea?" my father asked, folding his hands and putting his elbows onto the desk.

"Have you thought about mixing all the defense and war plans together?"

"That would be too mixed up," Romulus said leaning back onto his chair.

"That is the whole point. They won't be expecting us to do something so mixed up."

"It is a good idea, but it is a little obvious," my father said, cringing at the end.

"That is where Romulus, you and the witches on our side come in, sir. The witches on our side could put a spell for a few minutes, which paralyzes everybody that is fighting including us. As you and Romulus are the strongest and fastest out of all of us, you can go around killing or injuring each one of them," Ace said, staring at my father, waiting for what he has to say.

"I don't get," Romulus said, with furrowed eyebrows.

I looked around each one of their faces to see that only Romulus and I are confused. Both my father and Ace understand what was going on. A small part of me hoped that I play a part in this war; even the littlest part would make me happy knowing that I was involved in some way.

I had not met the people here, but from all the stories I have heard of them, they seem like very kind and generous people. Of course not all of them, but most of them will be.

"I think what Ace is trying to say is that while everybody gets ready for the war; all the witches are preparing the spell to paralyze everybody. The moment the war begins, the witches perform the spell, paralysing everybody but Romulus, I and the witches performing the spell. Both Romulus and I will go around killing and injuring everybody we can so that there will be fewer casualties."