Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Minutes passed by me repeating the spell and the fight kept going on. Even though the second Forte brother had been stabbed, he was no longer injured. If anybody from outside came into the room they wouldn't realise that he had been stabbed. The only reminder was the blood that is staining his T-shirt.

I felt Ace squeeze my hand before letting go. I was about to ask him where he was going, but he put his hand up indicating to me to keep saying the spell. I watched him move towards the fight, his steps were slow and calculated, almost as if he had been planning this the whole time.

He held Zavion's arm and pulled him towards where I was standing. As they came closer to where I was standing Ace whispered something in Zavion's ear. Zavion nodded his head and walked over to me.

He took hold of my hands and closed his eyes. I stared at Ace who was standing at the side in confusion. He nodded his head towards me, telling me that he will tell me what was going on afterward. After a few seconds, Zavion repeated the same spell I am saying. I felt a tingle go up my arms.

I looked at our joined hands to see a golden ball forming between our hands. I raised my head up to see Zavion staring at me with the same amazement as me. I looked at Ace who had a small smile on his face, I then realised that he knew all along what was going to happen. He wanted this to happen for some reason which I still need to find out.

"Ahhh!" I jumped in fright when I heard a loud shrill from one of the Forte brothers. I turned my head sharply towards the fight. My eyes went wide at the site. The third Forte brother had a big hole in the middle of his head; slowly the hole is getting bigger. I felt a tug at my hand.

I turned my head back to see Zavion nodding his head to me, telling me to continue with the spell. I started saying the spell again, but this time my voice was soft and was not as confident as before. I turned my head back to the fight to see the hole was much bigger right now.

The hole had swallowed up the upper part of the third Forte brother's body. As the hole expanded, the less we see of the third brother's body until the hole had finally swallowed his whole body.

I stared at the place the third body was just now. Suddenly the third brother's body was back but his whole body was pale his chest is not moving. I lowered my head in realisation of what just happened to him. The whole room went silent, the fighting stops for a second to see the third brother's body.

The only sound that you could hear was the sound of Zavion and I saying the spell. The silence soon turned into tension. All of us were waiting for someone to attack. I stared at the two remaining Forte brothers, their eyes are hard and their fists were clenched in anger for their dead brother.

"I am going to kill you and your family," the Forte brother that had been holding a knife towards me spits out loudly.

He let out a loud scream, giving me unwanted shiver throughout my body. We all stare at him, including his own brother. We all waited for him to strike and he did, but he struck to someone we all didn't expect.

He struck towards me. I screamed and moved away but I was too slow. I felt a shock go through my body as I felt the effect of the strike. Ace ran towards me, his hands flew over my body trying to check my injuries.

I stayed still, too shocked to move. I felt an electric current move through my veins. I let out a groan when it burned my leg. Slowly my legs became weak, but before I was able to fall down. Ace held my body and slowly lay down my body on the floor.

My hands shook from the sudden attack. I took deep breaths trying to calm my heartbeat. Another head popped into my vision, I blinked my eyes rapidly, trying to make the blurriness go away. I felt Ace's rough hands leave mine and I felt Zavion hold both my hands.

I felt a surge of energy went through my body. I closed my eyes when I felt a pain rise inside my chest. I pressed my lips into a thin line, trying to keep myself from moaning out loudly from the pain that was slowly building up in my chest. Suddenly the pain disappeared.

I opened my eyes in surprise. I stayed still waiting for the pain to return but, it doesn't. Zavion let go off my hands and repeated the spell that we had been saying before.

"You are going to regret hurting my daughter!" The sound of my father's hard but protective voice not only makes me slightly scared but also made a small smile grow on my face.

For the short time I had known my father I have realised that even though we hadn't been with each other for sixteen years, we had talked with each other a lot, hence making our father and daughter bond stronger than ever.

I turned my head to see the Forte brothers, my father, and Romulus muttering spells. I looked at the Forte brothers trying to figure out what they are about to do. I followed the way their eyes are directed, finally, I realised that they were directed at my father. My eyes widened in surprise.

I triedy to get up but my body went a shock. Ace noticed what I was trying to do and quickly pushes down on my body, not letting me move out of my place. I slowly uncurl my clenched fingers and point towards my father. Ace turned to where I was pointing and then he too realised that the Forte brothers were pointing at my father.

"Sir, you might want to move away," warns Ace. My father looked over at Ace and nodded his head. Just as he moved to the side a loud sound echoed around the room, just like thunder in a storm.

I let out a gasp when I saw black liquid pouring out of my father's chest. I looked at Ace to see him looking at the scene with the same expression as me- horror. During this whole fight, I was worried about my father and brother getting hurt. For the short span, I had known them they have grown upon them.

I had learned things I have never learned before because of them. I had experienced what it is like to have a family- a real family. Tears brink my eyes as I stared at my father, I got up from the floor, Ace was not protesting because he was in shock of what just happened.

I felt numerous shocks go through around my body, but I ignored them, I ignored all the pain that was going through my body. Numbness washes over my body as I walked over to where they are standing. My heart was heavy with emotions. My steps were slow because of the pain that is increasing over my body.

By the time I reached where my brother and father were standing, the Forte brothers' eyes have gone black, this time they were filled with emotions. I supported my father as he stumbled forward. Just as I thought this was the end and the Forte brothers have won, something sparked out of my father's and brother's hands.

I squinted my eyes trying to see what was thrown towards the two Forte brothers. I stared at their bodies, trying to see what happened to them. After a few seconds of nothing happening, I thought that there must have been something happening in their bodies.

Abruptly I saw a black hole at the top of the chest. All my thoughts of what was going to happen quickly changed into the opposite, now I knew that we were going to win this war. I felt pride in my heart.

Finally, this war was almost over. I turned my head to look at Ace but I was cut short when my father fell from my grasp onto the floor. I looked down at him in horror as I looked around me and noticed that the black liquid had turned into blood- my father's blood.

*____________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do think of the Forte brothers dying?

What do you think is going to happen to Arielle's father?

Thank you so much for 25,438 reads and 787 votes!

Vote Goal – 10

There is only one or two more chapters left of Against My Will!

Vote

Comment

Follow        

Share

TTBMBFF