Chapter 43

Chapter 43

The Forte brother that had been threatening me with the knife spits out four unknown words from his mouth. My father let out an animalistic growl and runs towards the Forte brothers.

I stayed frozen in my spot, unable to comprehend what was happening. My father punched the first Forte brother making me stop saying the spell. I felt a tug on my hand, and I looked towards Ace to see him staring at the fight in concern.

He pulled me to the corner of his room and pushes me against the wall, shielding me from the danger in the room. I felt comfort from Ace's protective nature.

I not only felt protected from the fight that is waiting to be over by the whole of the supernatural world I also feel happy to know that Ace was in front of me safe and not hurt. For the whole time, I  have known Ace, this was the first time I was scared for him. I was scared to see him hurt, especially after the vision I had.

 After Ace had made the promise to cherish and love me in the hospital he was very protective of me, checking that I was taking all my medication and that I was not in pain. When we had to run away from the hospital from the hospital, I was relieved to be away from Ace's protective nature.

Not only was it the first time I had been out of the hospital, but it was also the first time I saw Ace's wolf and did not feel afraid. I remember being excited to ride on Ace's wolf form. Thinking of those memories makes me think of how much Ace really cares for me.

I always thought that any normal person would have never killed a person in such plain sight and kidnapped the girl that saw them but never hurt the girl too badly. Ace and his men made sure I was comforted and now I realised that they did everything they could do to make me feel safe and happy.

I now realised that Ace was a werewolf, not a human. He did things differently to humans, thought differently from humans. He had been brought up in a completely different world from me but he tried.   

I stared at Ace with something more than like, I now realised that I loved Ace. I loved his irritating protective nature, I loved the way he made me laugh and I loved the way Ace made me feel like the most important person on the planet. I loved the feel of his skin touching my mine. I loved the unfamiliar emotions I feel around Ace.

I jumped in fright from Ace's hand that was shaking my hand. I stared at Ace's eyes and then back to my hand that he has stopped shaking. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, my mind clear of where I am. I looked behind Ace, to the fight that was turning more out of control.

"How do you feel?" Ace asked me urgently. He turned his head to look at the fight between the Forte brothers, my father, and Romulus, who had also joined.

"I feel fine why?" I asked curiously.

"I need to know how much energy you have. Are you sure you are alright?" He cups my face in his rough hands. His red eyes bore into my brown ones.

"I am fine, really. Now, what spell do I need to say?" I asked while entwining our fingers together.

"How do you know I was going to make you say a spell?"

"Why else would you be asking me how much energy I have? What is the spell?"

"Close your eyes, Arielle," Ace said calmly.

"What- How does this connect to the spell?" I looked at Ace confused. Why was he telling me to close my eyes? Did it connect to the spell?

"Close your eyes, Arielle," he said, bringing his hands to close my open eyes. "Think of something calm. Think of a time when you had the most fun in your life. Forget about everything that is happening right now. Listen to the sound of your heartbeat. Listen to its rhyming sound. Are you calm?" I nodded my head. "Are you sure?" I again nodded my head.

"Repeat after me,kwụsị ọ bụla ike od vstupu do pevnosti."

"Kwụsị ọ bụla ik od vstupu do pevnosti," I said slowly, unsure if I am saying it correctly.

"There we go just pronounce the e in the ike part and pronounce the vstupu as if you were saying vastupu." I nodded my head at Ace and slowly repeated the spell, trying to say it correctly.

"Kwụsị ọ bụla ike od vstupu do pevnosti."

"It is working. Keep on saying the spell, but try to say it a little bit faster, this will speed up the spell."

A loud thud echoed around the room followed by a loud groan. I opened my eyes to see a knife through the second Forte brother's chest. I gasped loudly, from the horrid picture in front of me. Red blood poured from his chest that is heavily heaving up and down.

"Don't stop saying the spell Arielle. Keep going. You are making the Forte brothers weak." Ace stared back at the Forte brothers, his eyebrows were knitted tighter as if he was trying to figure out something.

"Kwụsị ọ bụla ike od vstupu do pevnosti." I repeated the spell over and over again, my eyes still fixed on the Forte brother with the knife through his chest. I watched as he slowly pulls the knife out of his chest and muttered a few words, making the hole in the chest to no longer be there.

I stared at him in surprise. I always knew that the Forte brothers are strong but I didn't know they were strong enough to heal themselves. I remembered Ace telling me that healing was one of the hardest tasks a witch could overcome.

If the witch could heal themselves or even other people, the witch was strong and a very dangerous asset if used for the wrong purposes which were exactly what the Forte brothers were doing. Instead of helping others with their powerful magic, they were using it to harm others.

Those types of witches could harm the world dangerously. Those types of witches could kill large numbers of people. They could control large numbers of people and the sad thing was people won't go against the powerful witches because they know that they stand no chance against them.

I blinked my eyes rapidly finally, realising what Ace meant by even if you saw them, you wouldn't see them again. It meant that even if you saw the Forte brothers, you would be killed within a second because not only did they have the power to kill every supernatural being on the earth except the hybrids but they also had the element of surprise.

I realised that I underestimated the Forte brothers. I thought I they were weak because they always stick together but now I knew that sticking together makes them three times stronger than being on their own hence they can be strong enough to beat my father and brother if they use the right techniques. 

*______________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What did you think of Arielle's confession?

Do you think Ace will say I love you back to her?

What do you think of the Forte brothers and the fight going on?

Against My Will was #673 in the Werewolf Hot list!

I would love to know what you all think! 

Vote Goal - 10

Thank you so much for 25,030 reads and 783 votes!

There will be two bonus chapters after the epilogue! One of them will be in Ace's POV and the next will be in Zavion's POV!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF