Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Hours had passed and we still have not stopped once. I was thirsty, tired and sleepy. I was quite sure my hair is all over the place from the wind that keeps whipping my face as Ace runs. I clutched the fur tighter in my hands as we go up yet again up another mountain.

I turned my head to my right to see the wolves running fiercely with a determined look in their eyes. One of the wolves turned his head towards me nods his head slightly. I turned my head the other side to see what he is nodding his head to but all I see is the wolves running. I looked back to the wolf to see that he was not looking at me anymore but was looking straight ahead.

I turned my head back to look ahead when I abruptly felt a sudden, strong wind hit me with force. I felt my body lift off Ace's back as if I weighed nothing and I flew through the air. I tried to look around to see where I am going but all I could see was a blur.

Before I could register anything else I hit the damp, ground with sudden force. Pain coursed through my body. I closed my eyes to stop the tears from escaping my eyes. You are stronger than this I kept on saying to myself.

I clenched my fist tightly as I tried to forget the pain that I was going through. I heard the distant sound of running feet. I could hear them asking me if I was okay. I just lay still. My throat was dry from trying to keep my tears in and my head felt like I have been hit by a bus.

"Arielle! Are you ok?" Ace asked me worriedly.

"Come on let's get you some help," he said and puts one of his warm; arms by my back while the other under my knees. He slowly lifted me off the ground. I felt a stinging pain in the back of my head. My mouth trembled as a sob escaped me as the pain increases.

"We are almost there princess. Hold on, please," he added as he starts to jog faster. I felt him climbing stairs making my legs ache from the quick, movement.

I heard murmurs of different people as he jogged past them. I heard the sound of doors opening and I hear the sound of running feet.

"Oh my gosh!! What happened?" I heard a woman's voice ask. I felt her put her cool, hand on my sweaty, head.

"Forcefield," Ace replied curtly.

"She's human?" the woman asked, her voice increasing slightly.

"I do not think so, but that does not matter now. Fix her, Lexi," Ace commanded.

"Yes," Lexi muttered and started opening cupboards.

"Sweety I want you to open your eyes for," she said to me.

I opened my eyes to Lexi's face inches away from me.

"Okay good now I am going to press your legs and hands and you are going to tell me where it hurts the most. Okay?" She asked me. I nodded my head slightly.

She pressed on my knee lightly and goes lower and lower until she is my ankle.

"Ow," I muttered. She pressed further down and pressed harder on my feet.

"Oww," I said loudly.

"Stop it, Lexi, you can see she is a pain," Ace said growling as a sign of warning.

"Sorry," Lexi muttered and continued checking my body. After some minutes of silence, she finally said something.

"It looks she has quite a lot of broken bones. Was she by any chance already injured before this incident?" She asked scribbling down on a clip board.

"Yes, she was," Ace said holding out a paper for Lexi, "This is what the doctor had said."

"Oh wow ok-um we will have to operate her immediately so we need to put her to sleep first," she says squinting at me with her chocolate brown eyes.

"How long will the surgery take?" Ace asked growing impatient.

"7-8 hours, but don't worry she will be successful. I am 100% sure about that," she added.

"Well of she isn't then I will rip you to shreds. Limb by limb," Ace threatened.

"Yes," Lexi said with a new voice. Fear.

"I will be right back. I need to get all the equipment," she muttered softly and walks away.

"I am sorry for this. This is all my fault. I should have not been running so fast. I should have caught you and I am sorry," Ace apologized to me sincerely. His eyes held sadness in them.

"It's not your fault," I said slowly.

"Yes, it is-" he tried to say it but Lexi cut him off.

"Okay time to go to sleep," she said a bit too excitedly. She walked beside me and looked at Ace's face then at my face.

"Did I interrupt something?" she asked with eyes fearing Ace is going to threaten her again.

"Yes I fact you did," Ace sneered to her.

"Oh-um I am so sorry I will just go," she stuttered and started to go away.

"There is nothing you can do now," Ace said his eyes going slightly black but when he caught my pleading eyes he softens, "Just operate her."

"Ok," she muttered quietly her head low, "I want you to think of something nice. Be calm and before you know it you will be awake. Got it?"

"Yes," I croaked out.

"Breath normally," she said as she puts a small mask that goes over my nose and mouth. I smell some type of gas in there but try to ignore it.

I felt my vision getting blurry. I closed my eyes and think of something. I heard a shuffling of feet but it soon fades away, just like everything else.

---------------------

4.5K reads!! Love you guys!!

This chapter is kind of boring but the next will be better!

Love to hear your comments..(good or bad)

Vote, comment, follow, share

Not edited!!

TTBMBFF