Chapter 19

Chapter 19

12 days have passed since the day he kissed me and there was not a single day that Ace never lived up to his promise. Every morning he brought me a different bouquet of flowers. Then during the day he would set aside all his work and sit beside me to keep me company. He would even switch off his phone and block out his mind from the others so that they could not disturb our 'Bonding time' as he likes to call it.

"Hey," Ace said coming into the room.

"Hi," I said smiling.

"How are you feeling?" Ace asked me pulling a chair from its place and sitting right beside me.

"Much better, I can now walk to the door and back without in any pain."

"Good. I am glad you are feeling better. I-" he started to say but got cut off by someone opening the door.

"Good afternoon Arielle and Ace," the doctor added when he saw Ace, "I hope I didn't disturb anything."

"No not at all," I say.

"Okay, then I am happy to say that you will only be in the hospital for a week more. You are healing very fast and if my calculations were right then you will be as good as new by next week."

"Okay thanks doctor you can leave now," Ace said rudely.

"What he means is thanks for your help and that we don't want to keep you away from your work," I sidy glaring at Ace.

"Okay then bye," he said hurriedly and goes out the door.

"You were so rude to him," I scolded Ace.

"Well I am higher up than him," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well it is rude," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"You look cute when you try to boss me around," he said smiling his award-winning smile.

"Ugh, you are so annoying. Did you know that?" I asked him throwing a pillow at his face which he quickly dodged.

"Of course I did. You have told me over and over and over and-"

"Shut up," I said huffing.

"First you want me to be nicer to the doctor now you want me to shut up. Make up your mind woman," he said grabbing hold of both my hands.

"Annoying as ever," I muttered under my breath.

"Well this annoying person is your mat-" he stops abruptly and has a thoughtful expression on his face when he suddenly speaks in his work voice, "We have to go now!".

"What is it?" I asked suddenly scared of what Ace was about to say.

"Grayson overheard some rouges saying that they were going to be surrounding us. So that we would be trapped."

"Well, what are we going to do?"

"Come on," Ace said pulling out the wire attached to my right arm.

"You never-"I tried to say but was cut off by an angry Ace.

"Not now Arielle," he said harshly making tears flood my eyes.

"Arielle I am sorry I didn't mean that but I need to know you are safe," he said caressing my cheek.

"Okay," I answer in a hoarse voice from the tears. I blink rapidly waiting for the tears to go away. One tear mistakenly slipped from my left eye to which Ace wiped away with his thumb.

"Shh it is going to be okay," Ace said putting his right arm under my knees and his left arm under my back. Before I can register what is going to happen he carries me bridal style. He opened the door and runs through all the passages until we reach the back exit. He pushed the enormous door with full force making it hit the fall hard. Without a second glance, he keeps running until we are at the edge of a forest.